We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Upgrade?

Cape Coral, FL
Level Contributor
15 posts
Ticket Upgrade?

How stickler is WDW about ticket upgrades? Due to circumstances out of our control, my wife and daughter used one of their 4-day resident pass without me and now I have three days left but they only have two days left. We used our first day back in September so it’s been longer than the 14 day thing. If they don’t let me upgrade to a five day pass for my wife and daughter then I’m just not going to be able to go and will lose my day.

Is there a chance they might let me upgrade since they’ll make extra money off me? Or should I not even bother trying.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Ticket Upgrade?

Their official answer is

"If it is within 14 days of a theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded."

https:/…

So no you wouldn't be able to upgrade their tickets since they already used a day and are outside that 14 day window. You can always ask but don't be surprised when they tell you no.

Va
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Ticket Upgrade?

Of course you can. The only thing Disney likes more than your money is the opportunity to get even more of it. They will credit you part of you old ticket and apply that to the new one. They are actually pretty fair with the credit.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,777 posts
181 reviews
3. Re: Ticket Upgrade?

Given that that is a special Florida Resident discounted ticket, I don't think it would be eligible for upgrade anyway because the 4 day ticket is the deal. There is no 5 day version. It does say you can upgrade that ticket to an Annual Pass at any time though.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,317 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Ticket Upgrade?

The official policy is no, they will not let you upgrade since it's a resident ticket. They won't credit you with part of your old ticket;there are very specific conditions to resident tickets. But it never hurts to ask;we had a lot of tickets bought when thee were only 3 parks and were told we would have to pay extra to add the AK onto the passes but in real life, they added the 4th park onto all our tickets at no charge.

Va
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Ticket Upgrade?

While the official policy as stated is no, the key is asking. I have found Disney to be very accommodating when you are looking at spending more money. In terms of brilliant marketing that Disney is known for it isn't just for tricking people into things like free dining. When you talk to them and explain the situation if it makes sense and you are not trying to get over on them, they will likely do it. The last thing they want are unhappy customers.

Reply to: Ticket Upgrade?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted