We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Devon UK
Level Contributor
957 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

So there’s myself 51, hubby 43, mum n dad and my daughters 13&23.

It’s our 6th time to Orlando .

We travelled up to Gatwick by minibus the day before from not so sunny Devon, checked into the Sofitel and enjoyed a relaxing evening before our travel day.

Up at 8 and all met for breakfast, then it was a very short wander over to Virgin check in which was so quiet. Straight through priority check in and into the No1 Lounge . It’s the first time we have used this particular lounge and it was ok, enjoyed relaxing with a G&T.

As I mentioned our flight was PE with Virgin and our first time flying with them( have only flown business with Delta before) and being on a dream liner .

We were happy with the whole experience, nice spacious seats, food was edible and ok.

Last time on arrival at MCO we were queued up for ages to get through security but this time was an absolute breeze and from stepping off the plane to reaching the car rental was probably just under an hour.

I will quickly explain our car rental situation, you may remember me mentioning it in previous posts. We booked a package through TA of flight and car. Usually the platinum package includes sat nav with other rental companies but not apparently so with Dollar. I had then booked a second vehicle with Discount Florida Car Hire, this was a car with Alamo and Andy at DFCH sent me a sat nav.

Checked in with Dollar(first time with them) chose our minivan.Then daughter and I picked up our Jeep intermediate SUV.

Although I’m good at navigating wherever I go , it’s just from MCO to I4 that I can’t do, so the plan, which I had gone over many times with hubby was that he would have the sat nav and I would follow him. I’m also reminded him( I’m sure at least 50 times 😬) to not forget the tolls . So off we go and then hubby was just gradually disappearing into the distance, got to first toll and what a surprise he doesn’t go through it !! So by the time we had gone through that toll hubby was long gone and me and daughter had to go it alone. Thankfully 😅 we were fine. Stopped off at Papa Johns to order pizzas, then dashed into Publix for essentials ( beer,wine and milk) then we found our way to our villa at Grand Reserve.

After eating and a huge glass of wine ( purely to help me sleep) we hit the sack at 10pm after being up for 18hours. And then ding 5 hours later I’m awake to find daughter and mum are up too.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
16 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

I'm really surprised you were on a 787 from Gatwick to Orlando as I thought they always flew 747s on that route?

Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Hi great first report, I was going to ask the same question. We always use virgin from manchester.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
957 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Hi maybe I got it wrong but this plane had an upstairs, thought/presumed that that was a Dreamliner as I’ve seen them mentioned on here loads. Never been on one with an upstairs before so just though “ah so this is a Dreamliner” but you will probably all correct clueless me now 😁

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

great first tr please keep them coming

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
30,340 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Sounds like a great start enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Hi Julie sorry didn't mean to jump on you about that, I was wondering if virgin had introduced them to that route. I look forward to your next TR, keep them coming.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,681 posts
6,325 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Nice travel day report.

Enjoy your vacation.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Julie. The only plane that has a cabin upstairs is the 747 Jumbo Jet! The Dreamliner has one deck.

Just a warning about Dollar. Be very careful not to use the SunPass lanes at toll plazas as you will be hit with a very large bill at the end of your car hire. Just pay with cash. There is a post on here about Dollar at the moment if you can find it.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
957 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Thank you TravellerfromtheUK that must of been what we flew on then.

Oh dear, looks like we are going to be hit with a big bill when we get home.😡Never mind we will just have to see it as a lesson learned .

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR

Looking forward to more reports.

I thought it was just my hubby who took in information then ignored or forgot it immediately, mine has the best excuse he is older, what's yours, haha

Reply to: The Peachey’s holiday Travel day TR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted