We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organise Animal Kingdom

Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Organise Animal Kingdom

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can please give me advice on what times to allow myself between the likes of Avatar, ROL etc? I am trying to book fast pass slots but getting in a pickle!!

7 replies to this topic
sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

You could try and do a breakfast at Tusker with ROL reserved seating included. I guess they are still offering that. This would keep you from locking up your FPs till evening with ROL.

Book your harder to get FPs first when your time opens. In other words if you are going to AK on the 5th day of your visit, go to that day first when making choices. You'll have a better chance at getting what you want.

Sorry, I may not have answered your question.

You can't really mess up time wise, the system doesn't allow you to book things too close together. Or it gives you a warning even if it does allow it.

You can always change up the times later if you need to.

Edited: 7:16 pm, September 22, 2017
Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,166 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

The trouble with the night time shows is having to stay so long in the park and what to do there.

If you have time to do AK over 2 days during your stay that would be better.

Make a lunch or early dinner dining package for ROL and have a quiet morning.

Then on another day make that your Avatar Day where you can concentrate on just that area especially if you do not manage to get fast passes. We were there in July staying onsite so managed to get one but going by posts on here standby can be over 2 hours so be prepared or get there very early for opening and avoid extra Magic Hours days unless you are staying onsite.

Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

Thanks. I've managed to get a FP for Avatar then onto the safari for one afternoon. I don't think I can book any other FP's until I've used the ones I have booked. Once I can is it the ROL or Navi that's the best? Thanks

Flintshire N Wales
Level Contributor
971 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

I wouldn't do ROL again, it was not that good... and the crowds getting out was terrible, also it's like a micro climate in the theatre, it was so hot in there.

sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

You get three initial passes before you can then move on to 1 more at a time.

That is why if you do not want to "tie up" your FPs by having the ROL night show as one of your initial 3; meaning you would only have slim pickings on a fourth choice after ROL/so you could book a "dinner package" (meaning breakfast/lunch/dinner) with Tusker House or Tiffin's.

https:/…

Breakfast of course being the cheaper option.

We did an early dinner as this was all that was available at the time. ROL was also only being shown certain nights. Don't know if that is still the case.

So for us, this was not the most cost effective way to see ROL. I got a little carried away bc it was brand spanking new & I wanted to see it!

I wonder if standby lines have gotten any easier to do, since it is not brand new & now there is Pandora/Avatar.

That was not completed yet when we were there in March. I would think that would be a game changer.

I agree with the comment on doing 1 full day and then an evening in AK if you can.

I think Avatar area would be worth seeing both by day and night.

Avatar obviously being the Golden Ticket FP wise for now, being the newest attraction.

Am I alone in not having seen the film?

Mentioned in this post
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant
3,376 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Organise Animal Kingdom

Thanks. I've not seen the film!!