We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Declaring Food Stuff

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Declaring Food Stuff

Hi, what do I complete and when do I complete it to declare food items I will packing in my case (2 small boxes of tea bags (America tea is rank!) coffee sachets (only cos I don't like strong coffee) and those small juice squeezey that you add to

Water). Thanks in advance for any advice very much appreciated. X

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

On the customs form you complete before landing or if using the APC kiosk when you land you tick the box

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,966 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

I used to declare tea and coffee until I was told by customs that it's not necessary and that they are only interested in food stuffs not beverages

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,896 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

Customs forms will be given out on the plane. You can fill them in when you want to as long as it's done before you land.

I'm not sure but you don't seem to need an actual form if you use the kiosks when you get to immigration.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,514 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

Correct Traveller, they didn't take our completed paper forms off us, all the same questions were answered on the kiosk machine.

I told the customs person we'd got biscuits & crisps left from the flight & he said there was no problem with them:-):-)

5. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, August 27, 2017
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,896 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

What???!!!

Edited: 12:47 pm, August 27, 2017
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,514 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

I think by the replies in some posts recently, someone's been smoking something;-);-)...lol...

Edited: 1:04 pm, August 27, 2017
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

Thanks for the advice.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

If in doubt, declare it.

To the letter of the written law, you should declare *everything*. Reality doesn't always read.

just so you know -- if you're going to stop for provisioning when you arrive, I can buy Yorkshire, PG (regular and decaf) and Typhoo at my local Publix, as well as coffee sachets as strong or weak as you'd like (just don't let them steep for long!) and there's an entire section dedicated to the water flavourings.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,277 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Declaring Food Stuff

Dry processed food should not be a problem. I did bring cheese back from Paris and London this spring without problems. Customs did give me special attention on the return from London, no delay--in fact, I think I got through extra-fast.