We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

Recife, PE
13 posts
Save Topic
Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

I am an American living overseas. I am going to arrive at MCO at 6PM on a Friday in August with my 21 year-old daughter and we will catch another flight at 6AM the next morning. We are both US citizens and won’t have much baggage. So we should clear customs and immigration quickly. I was hoping we could get in a couple hours of fun at one of the amusement parks but the interesting ones all seem to close by 9PM and best-case scenario we'd could get into one by 7:30 - 8PM. We really love rollercoasters and waterslides etc. Not really into go karts, bumper cars etc. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,253 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

I don't think it's going to be "worth your while" to attempt a visit to one of the major theme parks, not only due to time constraints and early closing times, but also due to sheer cost. A one-day entry to any of the theme parks is nearly or even over $100 per person, and it doesn't matter if you enter the park at 8:00 AM or 8:00 PM, you pay full-price no matter how many hours you'd be there.

Where you planning on getting a hotel in town? If so, what area of town were you looking at?

Recife, PE
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

Thanks for your reply Kat. I already figured what you told me but I was hoping against hope that we could take advantage of our short stay. I guess we will stay at a hotel near the airport and at best go out for dinner in town.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
995 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

You could plan to have dinner at one of the Disney monorail resorts (Grand Floridian, Polynesian or Contemporary) and watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from the resort or head down to Disney Springs or the Boardwalk area for dinner and browsing - there's always some type of entertainment going on in those two areas.

I know they're not theme parks but these options are certainly better than hanging out at your hotel near the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Grand Floridian...
4,759 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
61,182 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Disney Springs
Disney Springs
10,625 Reviews
Orlando, FL
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

Given the times I would say to try fun spot ,think it's open until midnight

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando

If (and its a big if) you could get to AK before closing my favourite night time coaster is Everest. AK might be open later now because of Pandora but not sure. Enjoy whatever you decide:):)

Reply to: Best things to do (rides etc) at night in Orlando
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted