We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

Brackley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

So my partner and I are off to Orlando next October for 16 nights. We haven't rented a car as we are staying on international drive and have shuttles to the parks and obviously all good food on our doorstep. We have booked the trip as a holiday package so all park tickets are paid for as are transfers etc. The hotel we are staying at is not including food and of course would like some money for shopping etc. How much do you guys thinks is logical an reasonable to take in dollars on our trip?

We booked the trip so far in advance as we wanted time to save for spending money as We have both been before but only as teenagers with nothing to pay for but spending money so we are really unsure!

Thanks in advance x

1. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:54 am, August 09, 2017
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

This is a very, very difficult question to answer.

When you say shopping, only you know what you can afford.

Regarding meals, where do you plan to eat? In the parks or elsewhere? Prices vary considerably. Do you have a budget for meals?

What about transportation from and back to the airport?

Tips (restaurants and hotel)?

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,467 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

How much you got?

Brackley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

OH sorry I didn't realise, I'm new to this site hah! X

Brackley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

We have transfers included in our holiday package and it's one of those where we don't want to spend silly but I don't want to feel restricted by money. Just for food each day for the two of us how much would you reccomend? And then we can try and work out what sort of things we want to buy I guess.

As I say we have a long time to save so are happy to be tight over the coming months to do it we just wanted a rough amount to aim

For if that makes sense

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

What transfers are included, to/from airport, to/from parks? Meals, plain/fancy; alcohol yes/no?other things you plan to do except parks?

You need to define for yourselves what this spending money you will need, and then add on your shopping expectations.

After you figure out some of this then others can give some "guesstimates!"

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

"Just for food each day for the two of us how much would you reccomend?"

Yes, but WHERE (parks or outside)?

If outside, I think you could get a decent breakfast for $8-$9 + tip, lunch for $10-$12 + tip and dinner for $20 + tip.

Of course, these guesstimates don't include alcohol. Add 50% for park meals.

Brackley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

Transfers to and from airport and to and from parks already paid for. For breakfast and lunch mostly plain and simple and maybe the odd nicer dinner but nothing fancy fancy. Probably a few cocktails in the evening and I agree we will have to establish for ourselves how much we want to spend on actual shopping 😊 We have also booked for blue man group which is paid for and a couple little things we plan to do like Ripleys and wonderworks and the csi experience etc I have seen them all unde $20 entry

Edited: 2:52 pm, August 08, 2017
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

It clearly says on your original post that your shuttles to the parks are included, as are transfers etc........

We budget as a family of 3 on $200 per day, then what we have left each day, we put aside for clothes shopping etc... we stay at a villa, so some days we might spend most of the day there and head to a mall later on, so our food spend that day is minimal.

If you were to get breakfast on your way to the parks it would be about $10 each, a fast service lunch in the park around $15 each, drinks can be expensive, we take our own in a backpack. For an evening meal we invariably go to places like millers ale house or Applebee's or a Chinese maybe, I would say $20 per adult covers that... we're not into fine dining, but some people are.

In all honesty we probably only eat two meals a day when in Orlando... the rest is snacks or possibly a subway sandwich.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
563 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much do we need for 16 nights in Orlando?

My husband and I have just been having this conversation and trying to remember what we normally budget!! It is usually about $100 per day for the two of us.

We go to a supermarket when we first arrive and get cereal and milk for breakfasts, and then bars and wraps/ham/cheese for a packed lunch. We might get a coffee each in the park and a hotdog to share, and then for an evening have a decent meal out with a couple of beers. We'll go over and under on days throughout the week, but overall $100 per day works for us :)

There are lots of restaurants on i-drive that you can get sign up for to get free appetisers too which saves a few pennies if you have a good appetite like us ;)

Also, don't forget to budget for any extras you might want to do. Mini golf, Coca Cola eye, Madame Tussaud's... they can all add extra on too, as do universal express passes, printed photos, souvenirs.

When do you go? Have a fab trip!