We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time Vist to WDW

MD
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1st Time Vist to WDW

We are planning our 1st trip to WDW in May 2005. I know that's right around the corner. I'm trying to find a place to stay for 2 adults and 1 child. If we stay off property what is the best City to stay in that's close to Magic Kingdom and the other Disney parks. We currently have reservations to stay at the Westgate Lakes. Has anyone stayed there before? How close to WDW is it. They say 2 miles, but I'm just wondering exactly where the 2 miles will put you. We chose them simply because they had a mini kitchenette. My thought was that we could possible cut down on the cost of eating out. Does that really help?

What is the traffic like getting to the parks if you stay off property? We are planning to get a rental car, but would it be easier with a two year old to just do the shuttles??

If we stay on property what would you recommend. I don't want to do the All Star Resorts.

What other tips do you have.

Thanks a bunch.

CK

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 1st Time Vist to WDW

Mikeg69629

Hi Mike

You list a post on in which you state that you have stayed at Terra Verde a couple times.

We have just booked a Town House there, and put a post up asking if anyone had stayed there. Only a couple replied One saying "it Was the worst Holiday they had had in their life". This has made my wife and daughter a bit fearful of what is in store for us. As we made the rental only 3 weeks before we go the total sum paid is Un-refundable.

The Villas and site look wonderful and we were looking forward the this new venture, hiring a Villa on a resort. we have normaly used hotels/motels. You seem to have enjoyed it wonder if you could fill me in on a bit of detail and set these minds at rest. I am well aware that some people would grumble at anything and impossible to please. But it would be nice to hear some first hand experience. Yours Eddie

Trenton, NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: 1st Time Vist to WDW

Eddie, don't be put off by one disgruntled person. I know the type you are talking about! Remember, a vacation is to RELAX and ENJOY. I find you'll be able to do both at Terra Verde. The weather should be cooperative. I am heading down there in October and then again in April 2006 to celebrate my two boys birthdays. Sorry it took a while to get back to you.

ENJOY!!!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 1st Time Vist to WDW

Thanks Mike. You have obviously used this place more thn once and keep going back. I had hardly got the emal confirmation when someone posted an awfull report.

Then all the family gey on to you asking What have you done.

Thanks for the reassurance. Eddie. have a look at my web site;- www.owstonferry.jemnet.co.uk