We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

OM2
London
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

We're just about to book for Disneyland Paris. It thought heck... Why not look up and compare with Disney World.

Ticket prices: nearly £1800 for 5 of us for 2 weeks!

OMG. That's got to be a mistake right??

(2 adults, 12 year old, 8 year old and 4 year old)

We've been before 5 years ago. I'm sure we paid £700 or something for 14 days for 4 of us. We bought tickets directly from Disney. + it wasn't a special offer apart from the eternal 14 days for the price of 7 offer.

What am I missing?

Has there been a hyper inflation in Disney tickets while the rest of the world has been in recession?? Lol

Look forward to replies.

Thanks.

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

Isn't most of it due to the huge change in the exchange rate compared to 5 years ago?

Markfield, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

Bread was cheaper 5 yrs ago

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,171 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

But that works out at less than £26pp per day at theme park..

I'd think that's good value actually:-):-)

Where can you go in London for £26 & get similar entertainment;-);-)

Mentioned in this post
London
London
Ontario, Canada
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,497 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

It's got a lot to do Disney increasing their prices and even more to do with the exchange rate.

There is no doubt that a holiday to Orlando and the theme parks is very, very, expensive and runs into many thousands of pounds.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
OM2
London
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

Thanks for the replies guys.

The exchange rate is a part - but only a smaller relative one.

Fact: Disney prices have spiked. One would have thought they should drop or stay the same given the global financial troubles. 🙂

Dividing by 14 and quoting the cost per doesn't help. They could multiply their prices by 4 and then you could say for £100 tell me what's better in London for the same price. Don't fall into their trap and love Disney too much! Lol

Mentioned in this post
London
London
Ontario, Canada
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,770 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

Who wants go visit a theme park every single day?

Which is the only way to get value out of a hell of a lot of money

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

Why would they drop their prices? I think in only 1 of the last 10 years attendances have dropped. Until there are dramatic declines in numbers they have no reason not to increase the prices every year

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,171 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

I don't mind at all susie:-):-)

OM2, there have been sales on direct from Disney, I bought our tickets a few months ago with 25% discount, 14 days for the price of 7 & included MM, so there are offers out there;-);-)

Agree with goco, when you look at the increase in visitor numbers, why should they reduce prices??

It's done in other businesses. There's a club near me who we're charging quite a high day price for visitors & they looked at increasing the prices to reduce footfall, guess what?? Visitor numbers increased;-);-)...lol...

Edited: 4:31 pm, July 02, 2017
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
973 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

One of the problems is that the tickets start to count down when first used, so people feel they have to get the utmost out of them, bit like going all inclusive and then going out for lunch and dinner it dont happen often.

If say for example 7 day tickets were counted for only the days used then visitors would perhaps get out of the bubble more often and not feel that they are losing out.

Just my thoughts.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,770 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney tickets sooo expensive (compared to 5 years ago)

gerard- that will never happen Disney don't want people escaping and spending their money outside the barbed wire 😂