We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando trip estimate for 2021

4 posts
Save Topic
Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Hello,

We are planning on a trip for 2 adults and 2 children (will be 8 and 10 years) travelling mostly likely in 2021.

I'm finding it really hard to even get an estimate of how much we need to save as it seems to vary so much from year to year and things cannot be booked too far in advance. It will be a huge amount as we are travelling from Perth, Australia. We'd like to stay in Art of Animation resort and have 7 day passes. Will also want to spend several days at Universal. There seems to be so many options that were not available to us when we've visited the parks in other parts of the world pre-children.

May also take the children up to New York for a week as they haven't been.

Any ideas please on getting estimates this far ahead? Or information that may help?

Thank you

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
16 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Try the disney web site as if you were booking for this year or next year using the same dates you're planning to go in 2021 and that should put you in the ball park

Flintshire N Wales
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

What I would do is do a dummy booking for say traveling at time of year you plan to go, then do a dummy booking for same month this year... add up all the accom costs, flights, park tickets, car hire. And then add 8% for each year for increases in costs...as for spending money, that is subjective, as it's all down to how you spend/shop/eat out...

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,233 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Have a look at doing New York first then Orlando, and having your International flights arrive and leave from New York.

There are loads of daily flights to orlando to choose from, and after some shopping and walking in NY nice to then stay somewhere with a pool for a week.

If I was doing this trip I wouldn't see much change from £10,000

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,857 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

"Any ideas please on getting estimates this far ahead?"

Four years in advance? Sorry but it is absolutely impossible to estimate costs and exchange rates that far forward. My best advice is to save, save, save.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Thank you for your replies Paul M and Gilbertson. Taking your advice, thank you. I like the idea of applying a percentage rate on top of each year. I think this may be a more accurate way to budget for it.

Edited: 9:52 am, March 04, 2017
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Thanks helpmabob26, I didn't consider mixing it up like this, it actually doesn't matter which way we travel and if we can save money then it will be worth it.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Flight prices use " ITA Matrix airfare search "

and use only as a guide then once your happy with schedule go and book

direct with the airline site.

Never use 3rd party sites that offer so called deals

For US internal flights consider JetBlue ( B6 )

Best time to visit the theme parks in Orlando

try and avoid the busiest times of the year

that's Xmas & new year, Easter , Summer holidays

and Thanksgiving ( 4th week of November )

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

Thank you Rick W. I haven't heard of ITA matrix airfare search before and I don't think JetBlue was around last time we travelled to the US. Very helpful and I will look into both, much appreciated.

Columbia...
Level Contributor
526 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

I would say the same as some others....run the prices this year for the dates you want to go and add a % for each year....

Disney is just plain expensive. The cheapest I've been able to go for just me and one of my kids is:

Flight from CT

4 nights at a value resort

5 day park passes

Food ( including at airport)

=$2000

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando trip estimate for 2021

I am not sure about the parks etc....but I am travelling from U.K with kids and going to New York first for a few days and then getting an internal return flight to Orlando, just this is saving me £100's of pounds as flights from Orlando to London they seem to think of a number and double it in the school holidays.

Good luck with planning and saving.....it will all be worth it

Reply to: Orlando trip estimate for 2021
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted