We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf courses close to Southern Dunes

quebec
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
golf courses close to Southern Dunes

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and found some valuable informations already.

We're a group of 8 golfers going in Orlando in mid-april for 8 days. We're staying at Southern Dunes and already booked 2 round over there.

Which courses should we played that are within 30-40 minutes drive.

Do you think we should (must) reserve in advance or we could wait for last minute deal?

What do you think of Diamonback, Highland Reserve, Ridgewood, metrowest?

Are there any must play courses? (wouldn't mind to drive an hour or so)

Thanks for your time.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Paisley, Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

huskycc,

I golfed at the Remington course last year which is within your drive time limit and is situated close to the Boggy Creek airboats.

You can use a money off voucher out of the many books you get all over the place.

The course has a great deal for a one off fee which lets you practice / golf / eat ( in the clubhouse ) as much as you want all day.

There is the usual girl who comes round in a cart with ice cold beer and grub to keep you going.

The practise ground is actually a lake with island greens in it and gives you a good giggle trying to land a ball before you tee off.

The fee includes a golf cart which my 15yr old had great fun driving around.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

here is eddie k's golf list

it is pretty comprehensive...not sure if greenlefe is open, so i would call first before driving there....cut and paste below to your browser

http://snipurl.com/1amks

quebec
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

Thanks for the info about remington. Look like a good deal!

Same thing about the golf list.

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

Celebration is excellent and very close. Metro West, Crooked Cat, Hawks Landing, Eagle Creek are also excellent. Diamondback....You better hit em straight. Highland Reserve is good, cheaper than the others. I use TEETIMESUSA.COM. Tons of info there.

Ashford, kent...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

just returned from southern dunes. Didn't actually play golf but it was a very nice complex. It seemed busy at times but not over crowded.

J

6. Re: golf courses close to Southern Dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 22, 2009