We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pandora : world of Avatar?

London, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
58 reviews
Pandora : world of Avatar?

Since I have seen a lot of info about Volcano Bay going up on here lately I was wondering if anyone has seen anything about an opening date for Pandora in Animal Kindgom.

As it was supposed to open in the same time frame (Summer 2017) as volcano bay but have seen no updates online, or an official opening date.

Still just saying summer of 2017, has anyone been to Animal Kingdom lately and seen any sign of it being nearly ready ? :)

Thanks!

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
522 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

We were there 2 weeks ago and the outside was looking good. Disney was doing the landscaping by the bus drop off area to enhance the view toward the new area. Summer seems likely to me.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
15,077 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

I think after the Rivers Of Light "stumble" they will be more reserved about publishing a grand opening day;-)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,090 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

Speculation is late May or early June, but that's purely speculation.

Yes, WDW is a little "gun shy" about releasing opening dates after the Rivers of Light disaster last year. Who knows, maybe Pandora will open before Rivers of Light.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
15,077 posts
132 reviews
4. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

Now that would be hilarious Kat:-):-)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,090 posts
96 reviews
5. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

In a way, but it would very sad in another way.

I think they got in way over their heads with Rivers of Light with concept being too much for execution.

Shepherdstown, West...
Level Contributor
177 posts
287 reviews
6. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

Speaking of Rivers of Light - have performances started?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,090 posts
96 reviews
7. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

They had a cast member preview a while back, but nothing on the books just yet.

That's why we are speculating Pandora opening before or at the same time as ROL.

wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/new…

Edited: 3:32 pm, February 03, 2017
8. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:36 am, April 05, 2017
Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
114 reviews
9. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

I am hoping May or June so crowds will maybe be a little thinner by my visit in September.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,090 posts
96 reviews
10. Re: Pandora : world of Avatar?

It will still be very busy in September, being a new "land" to visit.

Also, don't be surprised if Animal Kingdom goes onto the "tier" system for FP+ when Pandora opens as well. It's going to have two new "E-ticket" rides, and I'm guessing tiers will be implemented at that point.