We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
638 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

Want to surprise my family with a trip to Disneyworld this December (26 - Jan 6). Because it is a very busy time of year, we've decided to stay on the grounds (that is if we can get reservations confirmed -- still struggling with that). We're looking at the Beach Club Villas, then Villas at Wilderness Lodge, then possibly the new Animal Kingdom Villas, then Key West.

a) Can anyone tell me which would offer the roomiest lodgings? As we're all adults, I know everyone would love a little space and privacy.

b) We'd like to plan a couple really nice "family/adult" dinners during our stay. Are the restaurants in Epcot the "best" choice or do some of the resorts offer great food and interesting dinners?

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
638 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

Thank you so much for the detailed information and where to find it. I really appreciate it!!

Florida
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

Most holiday dates will be comperable in 2007.

Holidays Around the World at Epcot usually begins Thanksgiving weekend and runs through Dec 30. That is when the Candlelight Processional Concerts take place.

You can buy a dinner package at Epcot for a meal at a country and a decent seat for the candlelight concerts.

I am a choral director and my choirs perform at Candlelight every year. It's an impressive, and thoroughly "Disney" show.

Enjoy!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

We saw the Candlelight Processional on the Dinner Package in 2005, when Marilee Martin narrated. as you may know , she is hearing impaired , so she signed the Scripture while her companion read it - it was very moving.

While the dates are usually the same, they don't usually post the narrators for each date very early on - maybe not till later in the fall.

We took the dinner at the French Chefs du France and it was fine- filet mignon was one choice and of course things like French onion soup and chocolate mousse as accompaniments, but since then many have told us that the Canadian spot Le Cellier is really the best dinner and it does seem people on this site rave about the steaks and the cheddar cheese soup!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

The dates for the upcoming processional are usually posted in August.

15. Re: Planning for 6 for Dec - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 27, 2009