We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

illinois
Level Contributor
93 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

When I use Tripadvisor to search for rates for Reunion Resort in Celebration, I get quotes for both Reunion Resort and Golf Club and Ginn Reunion Resort. The addresses are slightly different but the pictures look similar. Is there any real difference in location and/or quality? The rates for Ginn are about $100 less per night than plain Reunion but the system seems to think they're the same place.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

Thanks kc! I'll check it out!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

Reunion Resort Orlando is the only one. It is owned and managed by the Ginn company, who have just re-branded all their resorts to be "Ginn ...........", e.g. Ginn Reunion Resort, Ginn Hammock Beach. They're aiming to be the next Ritz Carlton - and getting pretty close too - hence the pushing of the name, so people will recognise it as a symbol of quality as they branch out (look out for Grand Bahama in a few years).

louisiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

To Caylismom,

My name is Pam, and I would appreciate if you could send me your information on the Ginn Reunion Resort. I have never booked through a resort before and I would like your input. I am interested mostly in the Grand building, but I will take all information you have on the resort. My e-mail is pdarbonn@aol.com. Thank you for your help.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

I really hate to sound like a broken record, or a representative of Worldquest, but have any of you looked at this resort?

It's almost brand new, and seems just as nice as Reunion. I thinks it's cheaper, too.

Worldquest also got great reviews and a high rating from TA.

Cindermom

Chicago, IL
9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

The reason you won't see many listing for it on vrbo.com is that the Ginn company does everything it possibly can to prevent owners from renting out the places themselves! They want everyone to go through them, just like a hotel would! How do they accomplish this? Simple...to use ANY of the facilities, the pool, golf, the restaurants, you are issued an electronic guest key card when you check in. It's the ONLY way you can use any of the resort facilities! If you rent directly from an owner, you're not going to get a key card, so you're going to need to work something out with the owner regarding use of the facilities.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

Pam, I will send you over that info to you in the next day or two.

Cindermom, thanks for the input on World Quest. I will check it out.

Does that resort have a water park onsite? That is one thing my kids are really excited about at Reunion.

Clermont
8 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

Homestead is the better location (about the same distance from the waterpark though..)

It would be about a 15 minute walk from either, If you are an official Reunion guest, they have a free shuttle service that will come and pick you up wherever you are and take you wherever you want to go within Reunion. I think you just call the concierge service for this service... Reunion is a gorgeous resort, have fun....

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

Thanks for the info Herbert! Looking forward to our stay there!!

Uk
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

5mins2disney,

You are not actually correct with your post.

Some owners WILL give you the key cards allowing access to exactly the same resort facilities as when you book direct through the resort.

Some owners will not do this, so you basically need to shop around and compare both accomodations and facility access when booking with owners.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Reunion Resort versus Ginn Reunion Resort

If you are looking for a reputable homeowner, here is the website for the home we are going to be renting in November at the Reunion resort. www.coral-house.com

We will register as guests of their family in order to use the facilities, such as the waterpark, etc.