We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom on NYE

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom on NYE

So does not look like we will have much chance to get into any of the parks open late land at MCO just after 2pm and by the time we get to the hotel and check in (Wyndham Gardens Lake Buena Vista) and get to a park It could be sometime between 4pm to 5pm..

So heading to Animal Kingdom would give us 3.5+ hours with the park closing at 8:30pm wondering if the park will be very busy since most will want to be at one of the parks open late?

Pontypool, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

it might be worth a try at the others - this sort of time (4-5pm) may see some guests head to the resort restaurants to eat which will free up capacity at the parks. Having been in MK & Epcot for NYE - both do get a little quieter around the dinner hour which can't be purely due to the restaurant capacity within the park. If you leave the park and plan to return, your space is not held for you - there is the opportunity for others to take your place.

Even if you go to AK, check at guest services as they will be able to tell you if the other parks are at capacity so you may be able to park hop but do this before AK closing time as others will have the same idea.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

I would try Epcot, bigger park with more capacity and 'easier' to get into at the time you will arrive. You could get a bus from Disney Springs to one of the Boardwalk area hotels and enter via the international Gateway entrance which is a 5-10 min stroll away.

In the past we have left Epcot via this entrance to have a wander around the Boardwalk and take a break from the park. We have never been refused entry when we have returned.

Nothing is guaranteed but I think this would be your best bet and worth trying for the fireworks at midnight alone.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,984 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

For what it is worth, according to touringplans.com, Epcot has not reached a capacity closure on any date (including NYE) in the last decade. As Disney does not publish these kinds of things this is not official, of course, and anything is possible but Epcot would be your best bet methinks.

https:/…capacity-closures

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

AK is always an option, but hardly worth only 3.5 hours for a visit unless you have a 14-day unlimited ticket of some kind or another or you've purchased MYW tickets for at least five or more days time length.

I agree that while Epcot will be extremely crowded, it's so large in space it's the hardest of any of the WDW parks to close due to reaching capacity, although you may feel it's beyond when you get there and see the mass of people. And, you'll be able to stay there much later and see the fireworks, so my vote goes for Epcot.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

How many of you are there?

I also vote for Epcot. Get a taxi/uber there, have a few drinks around the world if it's just adults in your party, get in a celebratory atmosphere before the fireworks.

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

I will take everyone's advice and try my luck at Epcot for New Years. I will take robbies advice and get a WDW Bus to one of the boardwalk hotels and walk in from there.

7. Re: Animal Kingdom on NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2017