We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stepping in boils at the spring...

Which Ocala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgton, Maine
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stepping in boils at the spring...

Many years ago, I traveled to Ocala and stayed with friends who had a hundred year lease on a cabin in the National Forest... It was super cool, but what was over the top cool was they took us to a spring, which I have no recollection of the name. We parked the car and walked through woods that had a sandy bottom. Through this woody sandy area, there were boils. You could stand on the boil and it would suck you down, and then the next second, push you up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, because people look at me funny when I tell them about it?????

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stepping in boils at the spring...

Just google Floridas natural springs. There are loads of them around. We stayed at Juniper springs, and altho we didn't stand in the boils we saw them on the canoe run there. There are several natural springs near Ocala. Little Silver River, Alexander Springs and Juniper are near there.

2. Re: Stepping in boils at the spring...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ocala