We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Springs River trips

Which Ocala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Springs River trips

Does anyone remember boats trips that were run from a private co. that travelled across the lake, down the canal, including the huge lock, down towards Silver Springs.

It was a day trip in a boat for up to 6 people and lasted from 08.30 to approx 17.00 one of the people in charge was called TED.

Thes trips did not involve glass bottomed boats, rather small craft that could suddenly have a very fast turn of speed.

If anyone has any information on this, please reply

I know it is rather vague, but if you have been on this trip you would not have forgotten.

KAZ

england
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Silver Springs River trips

PEEGLET

please could you send me teds e-mail I would really like to see how he is thanks

cbsd41@aol.com

Central Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Silver Springs River trips

Ted Blauser ran the Florida Water Safari for many happy years, and has retired with his wife to the mountains of No. Carolina. His address is P.O. Box 748, Dillsboro, NC 28725. The last email I had for him was tablauser@aol.com. My husband made a 30-minute video (with narration and music) of two trips we took with Ted in 2002. The video of the trip ends with a personal interview, in which Ted talks about growing up on the rivers of Central Florida.

The trips we took began in Wiersdale, went up the Oklawaha River through jungles thick with monkeys, birds, turtles and alligators. We went through the Moss Bluff Lock, and finally into the clear warm Silver Springs River. The trip lasted all day and we brought our own lunch, snacks and drinks. It was fabulous, and wish someone else was running these trips. We loved taking guests to see the "real" Florida.

13. Re: Silver Springs River trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ocala