We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach house rentals

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
14 posts
Save Topic
beach house rentals

we are a group of 8 women that want to rent a house on the beach in captiva or sanibel for 1 week in july. i would love any suggestions..ps we would love to have a pool.

thanks

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: beach house rentals

Well for a 1 week rental, it's Captiva. Sanibel is a minimum of 28 days by city ordinance.

The biggest bang for the buck will be a near beach home. I'd suggest Laika Lane and Wightman, two private lanes that end at the beach. Start your search with Island Girl. 4 bed/ 3.5 bath and big pool 1 house in from the beach. On the other side of the village is Bird of Paradise, new to the rental market this year and about a 4 minute walk to the beach.

Beach front, and avoinding trophy homes, try Johnny B Good, Sea Star and Bali Hai estate. Maybe Barefoot Way.

Normally I'd say Saba Winds North and South, two near identiacl houses that share a lap pool on the beach that have just been completely renovated. The thing is, they are very near Blind Pass and it's scheduled for construction to reopen the cut next year. You don't want to be too near that.

I'd say off ANdy Rosse Lane, but that's a personal prefrence of mine for quiet. There are a number of new and luxe homes along there on narrow properties and all with pools and beach access at the end of the busy lane. Not my thing, but no denying they are upscale.

Look at www.royalshell.com and www.captiva-island.com for some of the best selections. There are some killer estates, but they can be as much as $17,000/wk, so know what you'll pay. Bird of Paradise and Island Girl will run around $3000/wk off-season. Beachfront places where as Sea Star has a total of 7 bed/6 baths in main and guest house, is a true beachy style place and will run around $9800/week for main+guest. And Bali Hai will run $8000 per week. Same owners and both have pools and are beach front.

Good luck and have fun!

2. Re: beach house rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 17, 2009