We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Seas Resort

Delaware
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
South Seas Resort

We are looking to booking a week long stay at the resort through our timeshare. I looks like all resort fees are included with our stay, but my question is, how does the staff know? Some places you have to pay to use the resort facilities, but is their a bracelet or tag or something that makes staff members of the resort aware of that? Or do they ask on an as needed basis?

Also, I have not seen any comments about coolers at the pools. If I go to a pool that is not within my building complex, am I allowed to bring a cooler for snacks, lunches and drinks?

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: South Seas Resort

Hi, IslandLover08.

If booking through an interval/timeshare unit, all the available units except Plantation Beach Club have the resort fee included. Guests with access to the amenities of the resort are given wristband IDs that the associates look for when providing services.

Coolers are not allowed within the Resort Pool Complex nor Sunset Beach, but you can take them to your association pool or along other areas of the beach.

I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you soon.

With warm regards,

Anthonia Smith

Dir of Guest Relations, South Seas Island Resort

Edited: 4:15 pm, December 20, 2013
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Seas Resort

Anthonia is right on except. South Seas does NOT own the beach. If you want to bring a cooler to any beach in Florida, county and municipal laws govern what you can and cannot do. I have been bringing a small cooler to sunset beach with drinks and snacks for years., If Lee County has a law against coolers it is not enforced.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: South Seas Resort

It is my understanding the beach is public to the mean high tide line, BUT the beach access is not public land, it belongs to the resort or condo associations. So having the cooler on the beach below the mean high tide lines is OK, but you might be in a grey area if you're walking above that and not directly onto condo property, but onto resort owned land. Where those lines are I have no idea.

Also, technically, alcoholic beverages are prohibited on both Sanibel and Captiva beaches Nov to May. This law is not much enforced unless someone creates a problem. Please remember, taking glass to the beach is unwise. If you have glass bottles, please be sure to avoid breakage. Take all containers, metal, plastic and glass with you when you lease. The beaches are not groomed, and it's not much fun stepping on someone else's trash.

Also, if you dig holes to look for shells or build sandcastles, FILL IN THE HOLES when you leave. They're a hazard. And if you smoke, the beach is not as ashtray. Bring anything you want, but leave nothing but your footprints.

Edited: 6:59 pm, December 21, 2013
4. Re: South Seas Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2014