We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility problem???

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
221 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Mobility problem???

I am in the middle of recovering from a complicated tibia fracture and on a cane. Looking at Harborside rooms at SSR for 1 week beginning November 9. Are there elevators in these units as stairs will be somewhat difficult if too many. Chose this area because it will be closest to pool/restaurants. Francesca

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobility problem???

Yes, the Harbourside Guest Rooms, (hotel type accommodations) have elevators.

The Harbourside Villas (condos) do not have elevators.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobility problem???

Thank you, that's a big help. I'll most likely still be on a cane. Not sure how stairs will work out as far as getting in and out of the on-site restaurants. Do they have any ramps? We're thinking of going for a week in November so I still have another 6 weeks of PT. Progression is picking finally picking up.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobility problem???

There are a few stairs up to the level where the elevator is, but there is also a ramp. We do have a SSR owner here can address the restaurants, but most have handicap elevators for those who don't do stairs. There is a ramp down by Doc Ford's at the old Chadwicks location.

As far as I can recall, Jungle Drums Gallery, my favorite shop in town has only stairs. That might be your only problem.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobility problem???

Thank you for your help. All good information.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobility problem???

I think all restaurants within South Seas are wheelchair accessible. I know The Point, Doc Fords, Starbucks/Captiva Provisions all have ramps. I'm sure Harbourside has one but i can't visualize where it is.

Bit of advice- tennis ball over the end of our cane works great on the beach. [Been there]

6. Re: Mobility problem???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 06, 2014