We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Baby

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
317 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha Baby

We spent a week at Aloha Baby. It was a beautiful place. It had a really nice pool & the place was nicely decorated. It was spacious. However, we had issues with the unit not being completely cleaned prior to us arriving & maintenance issues( door handles falling off , even after it was fixed). The sounds echo through the house from the downstairs living room. Crossing the road to the beach can be a challenge. It had a beautiful view from the balcony. We had fun. But a different location might be a better option.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Baby

Thanks so much for that review! There's no excuse for a place as expensive and upscale as Aloha Baby to be anything but spotless.

Yes, crossing Captiva Dr can be a challenge at times because drivers DO NOT observe the the ped-xing right of way areas. Maybe try the village with a walk down a private lane to the beach.

Still so glad you had a good time. Things break. I had the a/c go in house in Palm Springs IN JULY. It was over 105F outside! Then I had the only TV die (just before Thanksgiving weekend football - scream) on ST John. Now that took like 4 days to get a new one in - they made by a few hours, but I tipped them well. Had pool pumps croak. No hot water. A non-functional oven in a brand new stove (the part had to come from overseas). Had a bed break - (I was fast asleep and rolled across the floor. Heaven help the newly weds due in after we left.) Shower drains clogged and water on the floor. Man, when I stop and think about all the stuff that's happened over the years, I'm amazed I still rent places. LOL

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Baby

I think minor maintenance issues are acceptable but cleanliness is a deal breaker!

I happen to really love that stretch of beach and really never have a problem crossing Captiva Drive even with our kids along. Definitely a lot safer walking down a lane in the Village though! Hope you had a great trip!

3. Re: Aloha Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 25, 2014