We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice please on captiva vacation home

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
advice please on captiva vacation home

we are coming to Captiva 25th May to 1st June and are looking for somewhere nice to stay, there will be 4 adults and a baby. We would like a pool and to be fairly near to the beach and maybe able to walk to a restaurant or two although we will have a car. We are looking to spend around $2000 and could possibly stretch to $2500, we are struggling as we have never stayed in Captiva before so dont know the houses, We have been to Sanibel and loved it there but would like to try Captiva, can anyone help please?

Missouri
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

Here's a link to AMRC's website listing homes they rent with private pools. Its sorted by price. Unless its a bayside home almost all of the houses are within a block of the beach.

captiva-island.com/amrc/rentals-private-pool…

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

Not many private homes with pools available in that price range. There are some houses in Captiva Sunset, a community with a nice pool and 2-3 bedroom houses.

This house, across the street from the beach lanes is in your price range

www.captiva-island.com/amrc/aquaview.htm

Houses closer to the beach run above tour limit before the 11% tax. Do look at the houses in SUnset Captiva. They would be in your price range and share a nice large pool.

This condo is open, great beach views, BUT you do cross the road to the beach and are further from the village.

sanibelandcaptivarentals.net/…

Others in the complex are already booked that week.

Boston...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

This would be a bit above your limit after the 11% tax but is available for your week (click on the beach ball at the top of page). I still wanted to point it out to you though, not sure how much you wanted to stretch your budget...we stayed here a few years back and the house is awesome. Extremely clean and well kept plus the owners were great to work with. The home is close to the beach and the Village restaurants and was stocked with everything we needed. Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels etc.

www.captivavacation.com/sunandmoon.html

I

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

$2000 per week is a tough price point for a private home with a pool.

We stayed in Bauhinia last summer, short walk to beach, great pool, all the amenities you need including beach equipment. We loved this house!

You can get in for just under $2500 in the summer including all taxes and fees.

www.captiva-island.com/amrc/bauhinia.htm

Captiva Cutie is another pool home in your price range, it's on Laika Lane and is also short walk to the beach and restaurants.

http://www.captiva-island.com/amrc/cutie.htm

Laika House is another one on Laika Lane, pool, close to beach. Looks really nice for the price.

http://www.captiva-island.com/amrc/laika.htm

Captiva
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

Click on "Vacation Rentals" on the upper left side of this page. Homes can be searched by check-in date availability and guest reviews.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

I also found this thownhome condo with a shared pool across from the beach open your dates. Nicely updated and under $2000/wk with tax

sanibelandcaptivarentals.net/…

Bean, I like the looks of Bauhinia. They did a nice job fixing it up.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

Tour,

Bauhinia was such a great little property. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but it's looks are so deceiving. The house was so much bigger than we expected! The master suite was huge and gorgeous! House was really clean and had everything we needed. I was really worried about the east side of the house facing Captiva drive, but we never heard any traffic thanks to the gorgeous foliage. The owners live on Sanibel and bought the property to use for their out of town guests. (can you imagine?)

I'm afraid the word must really be out about Captiva and all it's beauty, it's getting really tough to find summer rentals with private pools for a reasonable rent like we have in summers past.

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

thankyou all for your replies, we are currently looking at the Sun and Moon, Captiva Vacation Home and Captiva Cottage, the last two being owned by the same people but I will certainly take a look at all of your suggestions, thank you again.

Julie

Wheaton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

At that price range i would consider Beach Breeze/Bay Breeze through AMRC before Sunset Captiva...just my opinion...

10. Re: advice please on captiva vacation home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014