We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersery
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at a home called Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane on Captiva. Looks lovely, on the bay with a pool, 4 bedrooms and 4 baths.

Sincerely,

4 Kids NJ

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

If you mean this house

http://grandecasa.net/welcome/

it's on Binder at the end of corner of Old Lodge Lane. I stayed there once for 3 weeks. Great location. Smallish rear porch. The downstairs queen suite is very nice because it can be closed from the house with the bath inside. The twin room has a hall bath that's used as the main floor bath/guest bath.

They redid the upstairs and it's awkward. The Master bath is the ONLY bath on that level and you must go thru the master bedroom to reach it. The master bedroom also has a small open deck with great views. Nice size. Kitchen is plenty big enough. Each morning we'd sit in the breakfast area and watch the dolphins play out in the bay. It was a favorite spot in the whole house.

There is a 3/4 bath on the ground level for use when poolside. An outside shower is a good spot to wash shells and clean off the sand.

It's a nice, comfortable home in a great location. Do ask if there there is construction in the area. The open grounds and direct bay location make for great views, but less privacy than most Captiva homes.

I rented from the owner, Rusty, but I know the house was for sale so I honestly don't know who has it now. He was an excellent owner.

Edited: 12:30 am, August 09, 2012
new jersery
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

Thanks for you reply. I am concerned with the queen bedroom upstairs with the master. Don't think our guests would like to share our bath, let alone have to go through our bedroom to get to it.

Thanks again.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

I did see they now say 4.5 baths, so they might have added a half bath upstairs somewhere in what was an open loft area. They might have created a door to the master bath, but I didn't see one on the adjoining wall in the queen bedroom. Do ask the owner. Looks like Rusty might still be the man. Nice guy. That room was a small office when I rented the place and I was surprised when it was turned into a bedroom. I'm not even sure about a closet.

The downstairs queen is where my friend stayed and it was great. A very private retreat and a LARGE room and saves MANY stairs for older folks. Another used the twin room and liked that as well. It's a raised house, so you'll always be be climbing up and down. It's a pain in the butt with water and groceries. One of the drawbacks as you get older, but safer to keep kids from the pool.

Edited: 4:33 pm, August 16, 2012
4. Re: Grand Casa near Wrightman Lane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 21, 2013