We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa captiva

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
casa captiva

Casa Captiva just became available the week we're going to Captiva so I switched our reservation from Bird of Paradise to Casa. I can't decide! Tourm and others, if you were offered a free week at one or another, which would you choose? Is this question unfair?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: casa captiva

I'd happily take either! They are different in style, but similar in quality and distance to the beach. I do think the Bird of Paradise was opened for guests in late 2005 to 2006, which means it has less wear and tear than Casa, but I think Casa has a larger lot. To me the big difference is stairs [BoP] or no stairs [CC] with groceries.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casa captiva

Thanks, Tourm! It's just that those pictures of Casa' s backyard and exterior have me captivated! I don't mind a little extra wear and tear and I always love no stairs! I do like it that Bird's pool is screened-in and I also like the screened-in eating area. I'll just let my husband decide! =)

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casa captiva

My husband chose Casa Captiva =) Thanks, Tourm, for clueing me in about the stairs; I hadn't even thought of that until you mentioned it and then I checked it out more closely on the internet photos and pictured myself hauling groceries up Bird's stairs. This was certainly not a deciding factor--just an added bonus with Casa. Twist my arm to stay at either place!!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: casa captiva

Tough to go wrong between those two homes! Have a great trip.

5. Re: casa captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 08, 2009