We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large house or Condo rental March 2008

Chester
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Large house or Condo rental March 2008

Hi - I am looking to rent a water front property for one week starting March 22nd 2008. It would need to sleep 5 adults and 5 kids ( min age 9).

Alternative would be to take a couple of Condo's.

Would also like a boat

I have stayed in Marco, Cape Coral and Naples.

We are over from the UK for a family reunion and are looking for somewhere nice but not too expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.

George

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Large house or Condo rental March 2008

George

If you want a boat, you can rent dock space at Jensen's or McCarthy's.

As for a place to stay - houses on Captiva are pricey, especially on the water. Just off beach is a good compromise. Check out Bird of Paradise, and ask about Surfcomber. It is listed as a limit of 8, but you may get permission for 10 and it is one of the few more affordable beachfront places. 'Affordable' purely relative on Captiva. See:

www.captiva-island.com/amrc/inventory.htm

and use the map to see where the house is located. The map is interactive as well. Note pricing. Locations I would be hesitant about are the big houses on Andy Rosse Lane. They are expensive and on small lots. Beautiful and new though and an easy walk to beach and restaurants.

Amore Captiva and Two Waters Retreat are well priced and have bay views and you can walk to the beach - BUT both are inside South Seas Resort so be sure you understand the restrictions.

One near beach choice with a slice if a view is Tropical Breeze and near bay with a partial view is Isle-be-back across the street from McCarthy's Marina and behind Bubble Room, but nicely redone and on a very large lot.

The houses above can be found at:

royalshell.com/vrmgr/…

On beach homes are available, but take a look at the places I named above to get a feel for pricing. Other than Surfcomber, none are direct beachfront. AmRC and Royal Shell have the best inventory and they can both help with a slip rental for a boat.

2. Re: Large house or Condo rental March 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 04, 2009