We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Outage

Missouri
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Power Outage

We are staying in Captiva right now and yesterday the power went off for about an hour and a half. Does anyone know what happened? Someone told us that it had to be something pretty significant because that never happens. Just curious. Thanks

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Outage

Actually, it happens often. Twice in the past 6 weeks Sanibel has had two serious problems, one island wide and one specific to a complex. The electric service is a problem in the heat. Could have been anything - including something over on the mainland, a blown transformer or line work - even an accident. Wish I could tell you, but if it doesn't make the news I haven't a clue.

Hope you're enjoying your stay!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Outage

From the News-Press website

"The cause of the outage is still unknown, but the line, which ran underground, is under analysis, said Karen Ryan, public relations manager for LCEC."

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Outage

Power crews were working on the problem at the bend on Captiva Drive right before the skinny stretch of road by Tweenies. We were out and only had to deal with a half hour of it. Could never, ever have been a pioneer!!!!!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Outage

I hear you bean. We are spoiled, aren't we?

5. Re: Power Outage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 05, 2009