We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good take out and where to buy wine

Durham, NC
5 posts
Save Topic
Good take out and where to buy wine

My husband and I will be staying on Captiva next week. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get some good take out if we don't feel like cooking or going out to dinner? Also, is there a good place to buy wine on Captiva or are we better off stopping in Ft. Meyers?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good take out and where to buy wine

Island Store has a decent selection of wine and there are two good liquor stores on Sanibel - one by Jerry's and one by Baily's. Beer and wine are widely sold and available at both grocery stores and even places like Huxter's deli.

Many restaurants will do take out for you but places like Island Store often close early off season. See www.cusine-scene.com and they have menu links for many. Deserts to go are common at the Bubble Room.

Also, Andrea's on Sanibel has really good take out selections that vary by the day. They will also prepare to order if done in advance. It would be about a 15-20 minute ride from Captiva. They have the best bread I've found on the islands too. As well as a small selection of wines. It's on Periwinkle between Pine Ridge and Tarpon Bay Rd so it's and easy loop. They have nice selection of Italian cured meats and artisan cheeses - they even had Serrano ham, a big favorite of mine. The roasted garlic bread, fresh cut cured meats and some cheese and I was happy as a clam. Only thing I could not find in the little shop was sweet butter.

Jerry's has a good sized take out area, but Andrea's it isn't. Still they have fried chicken and such.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good take out and where to buy wine

We always get take out from RC Otters.

They will pretty much fix anything any way you want it.

They whipped up a special sauce for my daughter last year. By the end of our two week stay they pretty much knew my kids and called them by name. They have fantastic breakfast. The kids and I stay in our jammies while hubby makes the run to R.C.'s.

As Tour said. Bubble Room for dessert. Easy set up to get in and out for your dessert. Orange Crunch Cake. yummmmmmmmm.

3. Re: Good take out and where to buy wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 03, 2009