We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol on Captiva

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol on Captiva

Hello,

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, are there any places on captiva that serve alcohol BESIDES beer and wine? I heard that most of the restaurants and bars only have beer and wine licenses.

Not that we drink much, but my wife and I like an occassional Long Island Iced Tea when on vacation ;).

Thanks so much folks.

PS looks like we will need to pack a parka for our trip--unseasonably cool this weekend in captiva it seems.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

The Bubble Room has a full liquor license as does Green Flash and I believe Key Lime Bistro. There's a bar at Tween Waters too. Mucky Duck is beer and wine. Don't know about RC Otter's but I think they have a full license. Don't know about Sunshine Seafood Cafe or the Captiva Cantina - which had good reviews as of last week. Afraid I had to time to get there due to my late start. :-(

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

we went to Bubble room and key Lime- full bars- Cantina's chef quit while we were there- maybe they 've found someone by now- Lazy Flamingo- beer and wine also Mucky Duck

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

Captiva Cantina has re-opened already. Who knows. Tough time to open a new place so it could close again tomorrow.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

Tour,

I don't think the Cantina ever closed- the night my sister in law was there -the chef had quit and the maitre d was doing the cookking that was on 3/20-

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

Sounds about par for the course on Captiva. The 'official' grand opening is supposedly later this month, so your sister was a test case - in more ways than one I guess. lol I wish I had found time to go and give it a try. I love Mexican when it's well done.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

thanks everyone for all your help

7. Re: Alcohol on Captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 29, 2009