We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break

Glenwood Springs...
3 posts
Save Topic
Spring Break

Is NSB chaotic over Spring Break? Proximity to Daytona makes me think it might be too crowded for a family vacation. Any infor would be appreciated.

Thanks

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break

Hi CJCat--I don't know that I would ever think to use the word chaotic in describing NSB...it's too laid back. Ther ARE times when it can be very busy and Spring Break would be one of them, but it's nothing like Daytona. It is a great place for families...no need to even venture into Daytona if you don't want to. Check out the NSB website at www.nsbfla.com for pictures and more info. Hope you come for a visit!

Glenwood Springs...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break

Hi Seahorse67-

Thank You for your response! I just wanted to make sure as my husband and I are vacationing with our two teenagers and his Mom. We've been looking at NSB for awhile, but I was concerned that the Daytona spring break party would extend as far as the NSB area. So I appreciate your answer! I've also been looking for an on the beach rental home, with no luck. Do you know of a good property management place to contact for that? Sounds like you may be from this area.

Thanks Much!

ColoradoJC

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break

There are many places on the NSB website. The problem may be availability for the dates you want---what are they? If they are in March, it will probably be a problem for you as most of the places are occupied by "snowbirds" who stay 3 or 4 months, December thru April. I may be able to point you once I know your dates.

Glenwood Springs...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break

Hi Again Seahorse-

I've been looking for a house rental on the beach at least 3 bedroom and, of course,:-) during Spring Break March 22nd to the 29th. I find a few things but they are either rented or I get no response. I've e-mailed the Watson Property management co. as it looked like they had several beachside homes for rent but have gotten no response. Is there a property management company there that you know of who may be of help? Thanks for the Help, Seahorse - Coloradojaspercat

beezlebub
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break

You can't really describe NSB as a party town. It's always a great place for families regardless of the time of year.

michigan
Level Contributor
355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break

Will also be in NSB at that time. We'll be at Southeaster condos. How is the beach in that area?

Any recommmendations for a fishing charter, prefer a party boat. Thanks

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break

Hi Colorado Jasper Cat--

Don't know what happened, but the response I posted to you on Saturday did not appear, so here it goes again...I am reluctant to recommend any particular place unless I have current direct knowlegde or experience with it, which is why I suggested getting in touch with the Visitor center. They keep a list of places that has vacancies for the time you requested, so that will cut down on your time calling places that don't have the right thing for you. Not all places have 3 bedrooms. You mentioned a house, but you may want to also consider a condominium--there are 3 bedroom condos, just not in every property. They generally have more amentities than a house also. The Visitor Center toll-free number 800-541-9621. They are very helpful. You might also tell them about the places who have not called you back--they would want to know. I'm sorry that has happened--I don't understand a business would not get back to you right away, especially if they have space available! Stay in touch and let me know how it goes.

To answer the question about a fishing boat..try the Pastime Princess. It leaves out of NSB and the rates are very reasonable. Their number is 386-427-5393 and their website is www.pastimeprincess.com. They have day trips, Saturday night shark trips and other specials--very family-friendly. Have fun!

Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break

This will be our 3rd year returning to NSB and we like it alot. We used vacation rental by owner website to find condos and haven't had a bad experience yet. vrbo.com The new smyrna beach website also has good sites to visit. hope this helps

revere, ma
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break

You might also want to check out "vacationtimesharerentals.com". That site has listings of timeshares (which may include 3 BRs)that owners of timeshares want to rent out. The advantage there is that the owner can rent his or her timeshare for whatever price he/she wants. Therefore, you'll likely get it MUCH cheaper than if you were to rent through a hotel, condo rental organization, etc. which charges you a rack rate PLUS state and local taxes. Also, you may have an interest in the activities that the timeshare resort offers (completely optional of course). And, of course, there'll be other kids there.

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spring Break

My family is coming down to New Smyrna Beach again next spring (we were down the last week of April this past year). We were just wondering if its typically busier down there in March than it was in April? We’re trying to decide between coming down March 28 – April 4, or April 18-25. Is April 18-25 likely to be less crowded as far as restaurants & attractions go, etc? The place we’re going to stay is available both weeks, so that’s not a problem.

Thanks so much for your help!

Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach
More New Smyrna Beach Topics