We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

orlando florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

We will be in New Smyrna Beach this June for two days. We have been before and know about the Rverview, Breakers and such.....What we are looking for is that restaurant that has unique dinners and maybe a bit "special".

What would you recommend?????

We love all kinds of food

Mentioned in this post
New Smyrna Beach
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

I live in NSB and a few of my fav restaurants are:

Shiki by the Beach, S. Atlantic in the Food Lyon Plaza. GREAT SUSHI! EXTREMELY Fresh.

Spanish River Grill (off of 3rd) Publics Plaza in the left corner. Interesting, tastey spanish fusion cuisine and probably best restaurant beachside. They recently opened up a new place called the Ocean Club (top floor of old Boston Mark at 3rd & S. Atlantic). Great food, interesting surf & turf menu. Staff is a little new.

Best overall value in all of NSB for me is Dolce Vita (US1 across from movie theatre) on the mainland. Vincenzo the owner is Italian born. Food is great, authentic Italian. Waiters sing, small wine bar. Best food and best value. Can't go wrong.

Lastly, new place that opened up in February is OM Bar & Chill Lounge. Small tapas menu served late night. But they have a HUGE wine and Microbrew selection. They also have a walk-in cigar humidor. Great wines, great prices. Run by the owners who make you feel welcome right away. Totally worth stopping. I think they also do free wine tastings on the weekends.

Enjoy your trip and hope you enjoy some of my favorites!

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Resort & Spa
Plaza Resort & Spa
2,207 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
orlando florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

Thanks so much for your input, we will defintely try one or two of your suggestions..... any others out there???

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

I also live in NSB and echo the recommendations of your first reponse. Spanish River, in particular is awesome. Some other ideas: Breakers for sitting on the water and enjoying a great burger or hot dog (yes, hot dog) or just a drink, so soak up the true beach atmosphere: JB's Fish Camp for their Turle Mound Sampler--a tray full of blue crab, steamed oysters& clams, shrimp, fish and an ear of corn, all fresh from the river (except the corn!). Unfortunately, I've heard some less than great reports about the service there recently, so take that into consideration, but again, a great place to sit on the water and soak up the local scene;Boston's Fish House, located in the same building below The Ocean Club;Touch of Italy for their eggplant florentine; NSB Steakhouse, Sea Harvest . Since you're only staying 2 days, hope you'll decide to come back again to check all theres and other out! Have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
J.B.'s Fish Camp & Restaurant
J.B.'s Fish Camp...
1,460 Reviews
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Boston's Fish House
Boston's Fish House
715 Reviews
New Smyrna Beach, FL
4. Re: Two Favorite Restaurants In New Smyrna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach
More New Smyrna Beach Topics