We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach

Liverpool, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Beach

Looking at homes in NPR but wonder about a beach. Maybe we are spoiled by visiting Treasure Island and loving it. Does New Port have a beach or will we have to go to Clearwater, which we hate.Anything in between? Thanks

NY gal

3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach

Look on a map for Rees Memorial Park ... don't know what the water is like there though, nor what the beach is like.

Edited: 6:38 pm, September 25, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach

Between NPR and Clearwater there's another place called Howard Park (west of Tarpon springs) - I think that has a decent beach.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach

Not much there really. Mainly it is a residential/retail suburb type area. You may want to investigate all you can, because if looking for a beach vacation, you may be terribly disappointed in NPR, after being used to Treasure Island.

In TI you can walk to the beach, restaurants, activities etc. From NPR you will probably need to drive to go anywhere.

Howard Park, in Tarpon Springs, has a nice, if usually quiet beach. It is a county park, so there are no hotels, restaurants etc there, just a beach. Starting sometime soon, I think they are going to start charging ($5 I think) to get to this beach.

Nearest larger beach area will be Clearwater Beach. It is about a 30-45 min drive, depending on where in NPR

Reply to: Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted