We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Emerald Coast Vacation Ever!

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
342 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Best Emerald Coast Vacation Ever!

We stayed at the Navarre Beach Regency. The condominium was perfect; 1500 sq ft unit was perfect for our family of five. Neither the beachfront nor the pool was ever crowded. Larger pool than what the kids were accustomed to at other facilities we've rented in the past. We were also close to the fishing pier which was key for my son and I and we had some great catches out there! Only 2 days of junegrass while we were there helped immensely. Doesn't bother me but the wife/kids don't care for it.

Being between Pensacola and Destin was another plus; we dined in both areas, did the pontoon/Crab Island thing (Luther's is still the best for pontoons!) and the Blue Wahoos' game and NAS Museum were both fantastic. Our favorite dining experiences in these areas were the seafood at Fish House in Pensacola and Harbor Docks in Destin.

We enjoyed the BBQ from the Rib Shack in Navarre and the stuffed flounder at East Bay Crab House. We also loved Juana's Pagodas/Sailors Grill in Navarre Beach; their key lime pie and frozen drinks were outstanding, the bakery goods were wonderful! Rented waverunners there as well. Navarre Beach also has this neat little facility off the bridge called the Butterfly House which my kids and I found to be very interesting. We passed on the Gulf Breeze Zoo simply because we have a couple zoos not far from us in Chicago.

One thing I took away from this experience was that we found Navarre Beach to be not as "busy" as the other areas, it had a laid-back, old Florida feel to it. Definitely coming back.

1. Re: Best Emerald Coast Vacation Ever!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Navarre
Recent Conversations