We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

Which Navarre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

Has the beach recovered since the Hurricanes? Would Navarre be a nice vacation or should I go to Destin. I just don't like big crowds.

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

I can't answer about the hurricanes since the last time I was in Navarre was before all that but from the research I have done it is coming along. I am planning a trip right now to the area and the only thing that concerns me is that the road connecting Pensacola and Navarre along the ocean is still out. We liked the nice scenic drive down to Pensacola for things to do and resturants... with that out we would have to go all the way around to get to Pensacola... still can get to Destin pretty easy but it was so crowded we only went there once and had enough.

I am planning my trip now to Ft. Walton Beach/ Okaloosa I think it is a better fit for us and our 11 month old. Once they get the road and the pier fixed I will go back to Navarre. It really was the best beach I have ever been to in the US. It is a VERY quiet beach with not much there at all. Very relaxing. Not a ton of hotels which is nice because there isn't a ton of people. We stayed in the Summerwind a few years ago and we loved it.

Hope that helps!

Zionsville, IN
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

I was just there three days ago. It is a very nice beach. There are only two hotels, Comfort Inn and Best Western. I stayed at the Comfort Inn. I can't say it is wonderful, but it was clean. The price (89.00) was incredible. It is not on the beach, but you can reach the beach in 2 minutes. Crowds there were very light on Friday and not too terrible on Saturday. It is nothing like Destin. As far as I am concerned, Destin is one big parking lot. It appeared to me that there were only two restaurants on the island, but many on the mainland a few minutes away. We ate at Cocodrees and loved it. I would stay there again, but would rent a condo on the island. We enjoyed going into Destin for shopping, but would not want to stay there.

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

Although Navarre is beautiful I wonder if is has recovered from the destuction of the hurricane? There is not enough things hardly for adults must less kids.

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

How old are the kids? Seriously, if they are in the pre teen, teen crowd then Navarre is probably not going to be to their liking. There just isn't anything for that age group to do other than the beach. If they're young than you'll probably have a great time. My parents have had a house on the island for 20 years and other than the hurricane changing the landscape and a few high rise condos not a bunch has changed. I hate big crowds and you won't find them here. You do have to leave the island in order to find a large choice of restaurants but 30 minutes either way and you can find what you want. Panama City is over an hour away if you must visit an amusement park, Destin water park is about 45 minutes. We've chartered fishing boats our of Ft. Walton (20 minutes) and that was a great day trip for the kids that like fishing. We took a canoe trip down a backwoods river, back towards the interstate when our kids were in the 6-9 year range. If you want a quiet, laid back vacation this is a good choice.

5. Re: Is Navarre a good vacation with 4 kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Navarre