We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

Sayville, LI NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

Has anyone had any good experiences at Naples Beach Hotel recently? I am shocked at the reviews that have been posted at Trip Advisor in the last couple of weeks. We are going to this hotel in late April - it was highly reviewed by Frommers but people have had such complaints recently. Please fill me in if you can. Is there anything I should request to make sure we are not given a dumpy room? I did not book online and I am hoping that will help. We went through Liberty Travel.

Thank you so much!

chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

I have been having an email conversation with Kelli at Naples beach club. She assures me the florida rooms are fine. If you are not happy with it, they will move you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

I have been noticing the recent bad reveiws and I actually just booked elsewhere. My only concern with moving to another hotel is that I have three children and Naples Beach seemed relatively family friendly. We are actually going to stay at the Bellasara much cheaper and the review are great. I'm a little nervous though about bringing the kids. Don't know if it is kid friendly.

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

JNice - Dont believe those bad reviews Frommers is correct I lived in Naples for 30+ years and now go back yearly to visit & the Beach Club is the only place we would stay. You have to remember that it is one of the oldest - if not the oldest - hotel in Naples. It is a Naples landmark and has been around for sooo long because it truly is a great place. Its not new by any means and has that old Florida feeling (you cant get that at any of the other hotels around there) they recently renovated the lobby - but not the rooms -yet - I am sure that is next. Your room may have a "moldy" smell - but that is Florida! We take air freshener and open up the place when we get there spray it into the vents and its gone!! You can not beat the location and the beach. We have always found the food and buffet at the hotel to be wonderful. We always ask the hotel for a package that includes the breakfast buffet and beach chairs & umbrella for the entire stay. We are going to be there from July 29 - Aug 7 - I cant wait!

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

NaplesOct - I wanted to respond to your change in hotels - I feel you make a huge mistake.... you have just cheated your family out of staying right on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world !! The sunsets, the pool the beach - thats what Naples is all about ans The Beach Club even has a Kids Club thats free. The hotel you have switched to is "new" but its not on the beach but located more towards the business side of town - but if your looking for new and not on the beach you make the right choice.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

I have never stayed anywhere in Naples because I live here. The hotel is old, but on the beach in a great location, but it seems to me if you are paying OVER $200 a night you need not spray air freshener

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

hey I say if a musty florida smell bothers you = spray air freshener - you must have some in your home - I know I do!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

Hey Colorado thanks for the advice. I didn't cancel the whole reservation because we are attending a wedding their on Oct. 9th. We are going to stay there 2 nights for the beach.

SKJ
SW Florida
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

We were @ the hotel for a concert last month. The lobby was remodeled but the rooms were the same old dumpy rooms. Also, the beach was rocky and small. So much for the beach renourishment. I just don't think the beach is that great at this location right now. I don't know if the storms effected them, but what mother nature takes away she'll probably give back shortly. I would noy pay the high $ for a room here. Also, air freshener and moldy smell???? It's not a Super8. They need to take care of that.

SKJ
SW Florida
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

P.S. - moldy smelling rooms is not acceptable even here in Florida. We are not that backward for Heaven's sake.

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Naples Beach and Golf Hotel

I vacation at Edgewater Hotel every year (sometimes twice). I often walsk along the beach pastthe Beach Club and think it looks very tired and run down. The Edgewater is smaller and very family frindly - they have lanii rooms which open right onto the pool area or even the beach.