We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Does anyone know anything about the "Double Resort View" rooms at La Playa in Naples? I'm planning on visiting in October. How are the condition of the rooms, the view, the proximity to the beach, etc? Also are loungers provided for guests at the beach free of charge? Thank you

1. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 03, 2014
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Thank you Chris for your response. We are really looking forward to our stay at La Playa and also becoming a Naples resident! We are currently having a home built in one of the new communities. Friends and family who lives in Naples, frequent Baleen's alot. I love having the brunch on Sunday mornings when we visit. Again, thank you!

Naples, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

My pleasure. And great to see you will be living nearby soon! We've have had many guests staying with us recently that have actually come down just for the purpose of buying a home. Naples is a great city, and we're fortunate to be located here. See you soon.

Kind Regards,

Chris Grossman

Rooms Manager

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Thanks Chris - I have a question. I booked my room for two nights the end of Oct. Would our friends (another couple) be able to lounge with us on the beach in the loungers for a couple of hours. They are locals living in Verona Walk. We plan on brunch on the Sunday at Baleens and it would be nice if we could "chill" on the beach for a little while before heading out for the day. Would there be a charge?

Thanks

5. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:01 am, August 05, 2014
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Well, at least your friends are forewarned. We are longtime Naples resident who (stupidly) stopped at the La Playa tiki bar for a drink. There are no signs anywhere noting "For Hotel Guests Only" and their website invites South Floridians so we sat at the bar. We were very shortly unceremoniously tossed out -- first time EVER in my life I have been thrown out of an establishment. Do your friends a favor and take your business elsewhere.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

LOL. We recently got thrown out of the Ritz Carlton pool area. Went with two longtime residents for lunch. Spent over $150 for the 3 of us.... and got thrown out.... or should I say "was politely asked to leave". I'll never go there again. It's a shame these high end places don't care to attract local visitors, who also spend just as much money, as people paying to stay at the hotel. Unfortunately I booked the hotel already, but now my plans are going to have to change to be able to spend time with our friends. Shame....

8. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 03, 2014
Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

Maybe Mr Grossman can post and let us know if they change this policy. Never been but is the Tiki bar that busy that they cannot accommodate non staying guests wanting to have a drink?

Fortunately there are plenty of other spots to chose from in Naples especially during off season.

The way to get this sort of thing changed is to keep posting on here and suggest folks find other venues to spend their funds at.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question on Rooms at La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, FL

There was only one other couple at the bar; we saw NO signs restricting access to guests only (this was in May & after I sent my letters of complaint, things may have changed); we spoke to the hostesses at Balleen and neither of them mentioned any restrictions. Bottom line, I agree with you: we had a wonderful afternoon at Fish Restaurant on Venetian Bay -- they love having Naples residents.