We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Looking for a decent place to stay in Naples within walking distance of near restaurants, bars, shopping etc. Been looking on Google Earthnd noticed the Bellasara and Lemon Tree Inn. Looked on their respective web sites and the former is quite expensive but looks very nice but unable to get as good a feel from the pictures on the latter. Anyone stayed there or have any info on it.

Regards

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Also noticed the Trainon hotel, anyone got feedback on that one as well. I've read reviews on the net but would rather rely on Trip Advisor reviews.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

I have never stayed in them but I live near here in the winter and pass them frequently. All three are well located. I'm not sure when your trip is, but the Lemon Tree is planning on a tear-down and rebuild. I'm not sure when, but I would assume as soon as high season is over. Its location is right on 41, so a little busy, but it's a cute, Old-Florida place. Bellaserra isn't far away, but does require crossing 41 to get to almost anything. It's far enough from the road to avoid noise, though. Their grounds are lovely. The Trianon is in a mostly residential neighborhood. You can easily walk to 5th Ave or Tin City. 3rd street and the beach are a little farther, but still walkable for most. Olde Naples is a great neighborhood. We rarely use our car and never run out of places to eat

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Thanks Buferson, thought I wasn't going to get a reply for a minute there! It's invaluable getting a response from someone who either lives there or is a regular visitor. The problem I find on the Web is that they all look fantastic, even the cheap ones . The pictures make them look pristine but I've no idea how old the pictures are. Also a lot of the Trip Advisor reviews I've read simply say each one is good without providing much detail

(shoot me down if I'm wrong). What do you or anyone else think of the Cove Inn Resort as well. Just been looking at it following a review I read, the price is good and the pictures look great?

Thanks again for your input

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Love the Cove Inn. It's 100 steps from us. The rooms are different because they are individually owned. There are 4 restaurants in the Cove area plus the coffee shop and Napoli Pizza. Easy walk to the beach and 3rd street. The cove is on the bay right by the Naples Dock.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

I have stayed at the Trianon Olde Naples and really enjoyed my stay there. Very convenient to 5th Avenue andTin City. We also walked to 3rd Street and even the beach a couple times. I have had the opportunity to see rooms at Cove Inn-different vibe, but also convenient to shops, restaurants (City Dock, 3rd St) most of all the beach is closer at this location. I don't think you could go wrong at either location.

Have fun!

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Thanks Mr, Mrs or Ms CFC for that. If you don't mind, when did experience the Cove and Trainon ? I've read that the Cove was refurbished recently, in 2013 if I'm not mistaken and my wife has been veering towards that given the location and views. However if it's a bit on the tacky side we'd head for the Trainon ( think we've ruled out the Lemon Tree).

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Thanks again Buferson, didn't notice you had replied again ha ha

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Hello Legion 100,

We stayed at the Trianon in July 2011. Hopefully the link below opens for you to my review from that trip. For the Cove, we were very curious to see what the units looked like as we had considered staying there and we actually looked at a few different units with the intent to purchase. Many of the units are individually owned so each unit could be furnished differently. I really love their location. The Cove also has a wonderful staff.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34467-d87451-R…

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Oops! Just tested link...try this one. This should be the one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34467-d8745…

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lemon Tree Inn on Tamiami Trail any good?

Thanks again CFC the link worked and I found it interesting. The Trainon seems to be more than adequate but it's up to my wife really who's a bit of a stickler. The soft furnishings need to co-ordinate and if the hung pictures don't match in with the furnishing, well just WATCH OUT! Ha ha

Buferson also mentioned that the Cove Inn rooms were individually owned (I hadn't realised).

I emailed them a couple of days ago with a couple of questions as they are still contenders but no reply as yet. I hope the delay isn't a reflection of poor management or worse, apathy as that would definitely impact our final decision.

I'm fairly new to Trip Advisor and find it very useful when people like yourself and Buferson take the time to help out, thanks again for your input