We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on Naples hotels!?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Confused on Naples hotels!?

I'm officially completely confused! I'd appreciate some advice on a hotel. We'd like to pay up to about $200/night but of course can go a little in either direction.

My husband and I are considering coming to SW Florida for a week (6/30-7/7). We are late 30's, no kids. Our niece (also mid-30s) recommended Naples when we started mentioning "Sanibel Island" (they couldn't be more different). Our niece thinks that we would like Naples better due to the activities/restarants available in the area. We want to hang out at the beach, aren't into clubs, but really enjoy great restaurants at all price points. We'll have a car, but like being able to walk to restaurants and shops (if that's possible). Ideally, parking would be included in the rate (and wifi). We also think that the bay views would be nice too...so many options!

Any recommendations? A beach view is great, but we're fine with a few blocks away from the beach, if it offers a more well-rounded experience.

I've looked at so many hotels, my head is swirling!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

1. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, May 20, 2013
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

I agree that Bellasera is a great location, but this is clearly advertising and has been reported as such. That's too bad because I often reccommend your property.

From the TA posting guidelines:

•Links, contact information, or recommendations for your business, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler's needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.

Edited: 4:39 pm, May 20, 2013
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

You might also want to consider Marco Island. We LOVE it there and it does have what you are looking for. The biggest difference between Naples and Marco is the size and congestion. If you like a LOT of shopping and dinner options and a larger town, definitely choose Naples. If you want some good restaurant options, but also want a slower paced town with less people, shopping, congestion (MORE natural), then you might want to consider Marco as an option. My husband keeps fussing on me for giving it away, but Marco is AWESOME! Either way, though, I think you'll have a great time - Southwest Florida is my all time favorite place to be!!:)

manchester uk.
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

Naples is beautiful, but why stay in a hotel! we always rent a House or Condo you get much more for your money and much more living area

Try Homeaway and vbro i have booked with them many times and have never been disapointed.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

Thanks for your comments!

I will look into Marco Island! THanks for the suggestion. I'm new to the idea of the area, so I'll check it out.

We have actively considered a condo but with some potential work type conflicts, we need the flexibility of being able to cancel a hotel.

I'll keep checking the post in case others reply with great advice.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

We usually rent thru vrbo too. Was wondering if it is possible to stay in this area without renting a car. We would like to be close to the beach, and be able to walk to groceries, restaurants.

Thanks for any help!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

On our first trip to Naples we also wanted to be within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. We stayed at the Trianon in Olde Naples. Easily walked to Tin City and 5th Avenue. Another hotel you could look into would be The Inn on Fifth.

The beach was about 8 blocks away, but we did walk a few times. The other days we drove to the beach. Some of the beach parking still requires quarters and other areas have credit card machines. Also, some hotels provide a shuttle to the beach. Sorry that I do not have information on which ones provide that service, but it would be easy to obtain.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

Naples has many options for hotels and being near the beach might be doable at your rate because of off season. If you want to be near the beaches and water, I would recommend you try to stay near the downtown area. (There will be fireworks on the beach during your 4th of July visit). Check out The Naples Beach Hotel, Edgewater/Waldorf Astoria, Inn on 5th (newly renovated), or the Naples Bay resort (a bit further from beach but condo-like and shuttles avail). Naples does not have great public transportation, so a rental car is needed. Naples will be in "off season" mode during your visit, so don't expect a lot of citywide activities, but it's a wonderful time to be spontaneous and not worry so much about dinner reservations and crowds. Another member wrote about Marco, and although very beautiful, keep in mind that Marco is quite a drive from Naples area and you are a bit isolated to just the Island. I would recommend stopping into the visitor center on 5th ave and US 41 to pick up some brochures for activities. The Everglades Airboat tours are always a hit for our visitors or renting a boat at Naples Bay Resort to cruise the canals and beaches. The Waterside Shoppes and Mercato are at the opposite end of town, but a very easy drive.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

Ok, The Cove Inn, located on Crayton Cove, public marina. They have all size rooms, kitchens, etc. Great location, close to, Everglades, Marco Island, shopping, restaurants... Walking distance to beach, five minutes, plenty of parking. There pool is perfect, private, been going there, 15 years....

Edited: 9:53 am, May 29, 2013
10. Re: Confused on Naples hotels!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, May 31, 2013