We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgewater - Bungalow or Tower Suite with view?

Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Edgewater - Bungalow or Tower Suite with view?

So we have made reservations at a Bungalow at the Edgewater Waldorf Astoria in Naples.

The Waldorf Astoria looks beautiful and the TA reviews of the service and accommodations and Spa look amazing.

Were are a little concerned about needing to take the "tram" to the beach, which is a public beach (they just told me on the phone). If we want to go the beach after sunset, when the tram stops, can we safely take a night walk over the baby alligator waters to the beach?

Where are the Bungalows located in reference to other hotel amenities? Are close to the pools? or on the opposite side of the main tower, and have to walk through the hotel lobby to reach the pools?

I looked at the King, Gulf View Suite and I am having regrets....the suites look great and we want to see the sun over the water. Will we see the water from our windows in the Bungalow?

For suites in the Tower...

'If it says "Gulf View "is that a room that is on the side of the tower, but you can see the Gulf?

If it says "Ocean Front" is only the rooms in the tower that are directly facing the Gulf?

Can you see the gulf from the Bungalows or do they all look out at an infinity pool/courtyard?

Thanks for any help

Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Edgewater - Bungalow or Tower Suite with view?

Oh Boy did we mess up.

There are TWO Waldorf Astoria owned hotels in Naples and the websites look the same. So while we booked a Bungalow at the Edgewater (where Bungalows do not exist) we were really booking at the Waldorf A Naples. They are now willing to move us over do to the confusion.

My question is this... Bungalow at a great rate or the last Sig Gulf View Suite in Tower for more $ ??

It's the space in of a suite that we are after, over one square room.

Has anyone stayed in the Bungalows?

What is the experience like? Noisy being on ground level?

Thanks

2. Re: Edgewater - Bungalow or Tower Suite with view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 27, 2014