We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Naples

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
12 posts
Save Topic
New to Naples

Want to explore Naples in march next year and need some advice on best areas to stay in thanks

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Naples

If you like to be able to walk to shopping and restaurants then Downtown Naples would be a good choice. Please give us an idea of the type of exploring you would like to do ie beaches, hiking, watersports, shopping, historical sites, etc - to help better answer your question

Cleveland, Ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Naples

We love biking,walking the beach and great restaurants

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Naples

Hi Ohio - I'm from Cleveland also and my husband and I are BIG foodies. We go to Naples for two months and stay in Olde Naples. It's closest to what we like to do -- eat and shop! The city is so compact and manageable, nothing is very far from a great restaurant.

Cleveland, Ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Naples

Sounds like us, where do you actually stay? Condo somewhere? I know half of Cleveland is in Naples!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Naples

We've been renting through VRBO and the last couple of years we've gotten a condo a few blocks from 3rd St. and about 5 blocks from the beach. We like to be west of 41 and anywhere between Pelican Bay and Olde Naples - not always easy to find something we like. My husband loves being on the bike trail that goes through some beautiful (and flat) streets in that area.

Any luck with rentals?

Cleveland, Ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Naples

Have not started looking yet since we wanted to narrow on an area. You have been super helpful. Will write again as we narrow search.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Naples

If I can answer any questions, don't hesitate to write. I would be happy to help!

Cleveland, Ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Naples

Thanks so much!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Naples

Here's another vote for the Old Naples area. We've spent the last two winters there and rarely use our car. In addition to all the restaurants, there is always something going on in Cambier park. They have concerts and /or art fairs most weekends. On Thursday nights there is live music in the street on both 5th Avenue and 3rd street. On weekends you may find a car show or festival of some kind going on. Biking and running/walking are easy in this area.

Can't wait to get back.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Naples

We also love the botanical gardens. They're gorgeous.