We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Naples in June...

Florida
Level Contributor
233 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Naples in June...

My boyfriend and I are planning on visiting Naples in late June. I'm trying to find a hotel on the Gulf, but it seems the only hotels on the beach are the Naples Beach and Golf Club and La Playa, which are both out of our price range. Are those the only two on the beach? If so, what other hotels are within walking distance to the beach? The Hilton claims to be three blocks from the beach and the Best Western Plaza says its minutes from the beach. We are also looking between $100-120 a night price range. Can anyone recommend hotels that are on the beach or within easy walking distance if you are carrying stuff (chair, cooler, etc.)? Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
233 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

I did also see that the Ritz is on the beach, but that is also definitely out of our price range. We would also like the hotel to have a pool, continental breakfast, fitness room and wi fi- if not all of these, at least the pool. Price is most important.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

For your price range you may want to look at another area. Ft. Myers Beach is just north of Naples, and is much more reasonably priced. There are many hotels/motels right on the beach.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

cay2004 walking distance while lugging chairs and coolers isn't going to be available with your price stipulations. I did however find out that The Naples Grande, formerly The Registry, is offering coastal view rooms the last week of June at $129.00 a night. They also will discount further if you are a AAA member. The resort offers tram service to the beach or you can walk through the mangroves. www.naplesgranderesort.com

Florida
Level Contributor
233 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

Thanks for the info! We went to Fort Myers last summer and we don't want to go there again. We live in West Palm Beach and are trying to go somewhere less than a 3 hour drive. We may end up going to Daytona...thanks anyway!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

You should try Hotwire.com. They have 3 and 4 star hotels listed in your price range. Of course, the name of the hotel is not revealed until after it is booked. However, I have booked through them before and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head for only $80 per night.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

We have stayed at the Bonita Beach Motel.

Bonita Beach Resort Motel

Address: 26395 Hickory Blvd, Bonita Springs, FL 34134

Phone: (239) 992-2137

This is across from the beach. There is a beach access just across the road. This is not real fancy, but had a separate bedroom, living area with sofa sleep and kitchette. Away from the traffic of Fort Myers Beach, and close to Naples. I don't remember the prices, but not pricey at all. They are on the bay side and have a boat and pontoon rental also. You can fish from the pier behind the motel.

Linda

Florida
Level Contributor
233 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

Think we may book at the Hillton, they are 3 blocks from the beach and we can take a shuttle there. What is the Naples nightlife like? I looked on Frommer's and it mentioned Zoe's on Fridays and Saturdays and McCabe's Irish Pub, as well as a few other places. We don't need to have nightclubs- just bars where we can drink and have fun. Any suggestions? Also, are there good snorkeling trips? I found info on Princess Cruises and we may do a sunset cruise on that.

Florida
Level Contributor
233 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

Changed my mind as far as hotel...I think we're gonna stay at the Residence Inn Marriott, they get better reviews on here and have everything we want, shuttle to beach, breakfast, pool, fitness room and wireless internet. Still would like info on restaurants that we can't miss and nightlife in the area.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

I think you'll be happy with the Residence Inn. I just stayed there less than a month ago. It has pretty much everything you're looking for, and should be close to your price range. As noted, they will provide shuttle service via their hotel van to the beach at Lowdermilk Park, about five minutes away. They only need 5-10 minutes notice to take you to the beach. You can either schedule a return time in advance, or just call them on your cell when you're ready to go back.

I can't add much as to the bars and nightlife, since I was there with kids, so didn't get to explore those areas. However, there's a nice bar right on the beach behind the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club.

There are lots of other options, primarily in the downtown 5th Ave. area. Most appeared quite crowded when I was there, but by late June the crowds should be less.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Naples in June...

Just had a couple more thoughts:

There's a little book called "Where to Eat in Naples" or something like that, which sells for about $9. It's widely available in the area, and has lots of solid, independent reviews of area restaurants and nightlife. If you can get hold of that, it provides plenty of good info. Of course, it's one writer's opinions, but I found her to be pretty accurate.

Also, the free highspeed internet access at the Residence Inn is wired, not wireless, at least in the room where we stayed. If that's important, I'd call ahead and ask, or bring your own wireless access point.