We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falcon Glen Lely Area....

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Falcon Glen Lely Area....

Hi All.

Well with all my research on Fl in the winter I've finally discovered that Naples is definately THE area to stay in.

Sooo...we believe that we've found a possibility in our price range and would just like to get all your expert opinion on the area.

It is SW of I75 and on a golf course.

We found the house on VRBO.....has great reviews and current too.

Any expert opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

There are Lely residents who comment here, I'll leave reviews to them. Just make sure you know it's a drive to get to the beach or downtown for restaurants. Traffic during the "season" can get tiring.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

If you really like to golf it's good, but for me it's a little far out there from everything, beach, restaurants and shopping.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

Hi Again.

So Lely is a bit out of the hub of Naples eh?

Is there stuff around there? Like can I order Chinese take out delivery?

and meeko-rtw...I always thought I was "far out"...lol

I'm getting so confused!

It's a lot of money to pay on a monthly basis and we really want to get the right one. This one in Lely is only available for Nov and Dec and then we'd have to find another for Jan/Feb.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

Hi,

There looks like several Take outs near Lely, China Buffet, Bamboo Wok, jasmines, China Lynn.

Lely is away from the the main hub of Naples, but close to shops etc, would need to drive to 5th Ave and the beach. Lots of great places to dine, we love it will be back again in September.

Laura

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

Hi Canuck Mama - I live in Lely - very close to Falcons Glen. Lely Resort is over 3,000 acres. You will have 2 golf courses available - Flamingo and Mustang. There is a Sam Snead Tavern / Restaurant which is the next driveway from the entrance to Falcon's Glen - probably close enough for you to walk - http://www.samsneadslely.com/

For a look at other restaurants that are on the permiter of Lely - take a look at this link to Google Maps -

maps.google.com/maps…

At the corner of Tamiami Trail (US41) and 951-Collier Blvd there are shopping centers that include several restaurants - Carrabbas Italian Grill, Marias, Hoots Breakfast & Lunch as well as fast food Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, and Dunkin Donuts.

Scroll down the map and you will see the distanct to Marco Island. In November and December I go from my driveway in Lely to the parking lot at Tigertail beach in 10-12 minutes. In season - Jan, Feb or March you would want to avoid going to Marco Island between 8-9 am or leaving Marco Island between 4:30-5:30 pm as there is a traffic slow down at the bridge area - no other traffic problems accessing Marco.

Scroll up the map (above Lely Resort) and you will see Rattlesnake Hammock Road - there are several restaurants at the crossroads of either Rattlesnake Hammock and 951/Collier Blvd or at Tamiami Trail/US41 - Foxboro Tavern, English Pub, Cafe Portofino, Bamboo Wok.

Hope that helps.

Patti

Edited: 4:13 pm, July 28, 2012
6. Re: Falcon Glen Lely Area....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Naples