We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples vacation

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mt laurel nj
1 post
Save Topic
naples vacation

Planning a vacation to Naples possibly in May. Have looked at

the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club as well as the Edgewater

Beach Hotel. I am interested in a beach property but enjoy

extreeeemly nice rooms. Considered the Ritz however traveling

with our 14 year old son. Thought maybe this may be a bit too

posh for a 14 year old. Any thoughts on a beachfront property

with beautiful accomodations would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Augusta, Ga
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: naples vacation

I hope you will get some good info, I'm thinking about the same type of trip to Naples but haven't been to Fla. in years. I love beachfront hotels and being able to walk right out on the beach. I wish some Fla residents good give you some good tips, I've been watching for responses. Good Luck !

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naples vacation

I'm going to Naples in March. I, too, was uncertain where to stay. After looking at all the available hotels I chose the Edgewater. Orginally, I booked the "Traditional suite" online but after reading other comments online I called the Edgewater and found out what the view of the room is. It was so funny! They said it was a "hotel view". After a few more questions I learned that meant you have a brick wall for a view!! So I cancelled my online reservation and now have a "Naples view" reservation that I made over the phone with them. They have their own web site to check out. One thing that attracted me to the Edgewater is the trolly that stop's there and takes you around town. The Edgewater has an agreement with another hotel if you want more amemnities. I wanted to be ON the beach. Another thing that attracted me to the Edgewater was the "kitchen". I'm taking my sister, all expenses paid, on a trip. I felt like having breakfast and a few lunches in the room will save some of my husbands' money. I'll post my review after I return. I'm use to nice hotels and I hope this lives up to my expectations.

wilmington de
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: naples vacation

Stayed at the Edgewater Beach Hotel and had an absolutely wonderful time. Choose a courtyard room and you can't go wrong....beautiful, beautiful....I'm picky also and I loved our room with separate bedroom, livingroom area, nice bath & kitchen. Really pretty furnishings. Go and have fun!!!!!!

naples, fl
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: naples vacation

I live near the Ritz Carlton in Naples. I see many children at the Ritz, they even have a kids camp.

Also, a bit further down the beach is the newly refurbished La Playa, a bit more casual.