We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 day jet ski rental

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
1/2 day jet ski rental

Where is the best place for 1/2 day jet ski rental with an unrestricted riding area? I visited this web site http://rentaseadoo.com that advertises great rates but the phone number listed is not correct. Is this company legit? I am willing to go anywhere from Naples to Clearwater.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

www.naples-boatrentals.com/index.php…

Naples Boat Rentals rent for up to 4 hours. They quote the following on their website

"Your ride zone is unlimited to where you may go, we give full instruction and demonstration prior to departure, and we will provide you with communication and safety gear on the water. All of our equipment is inspected and approved by the U.S. Coast Guard."

Safety Harbor...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

In Clearwater Beach check out Makin Waves at www.clearwaterbeachjetski.com

Besides Jet Skis they rent Fun Boats! And they have Dolphin & Sunset cruises too! I rode the Jet Ski and my kids rode the Banana Boat!

3. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, July 31, 2013
4. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, July 31, 2013
ft myersrs...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

rentaseadoo.com is a great service and is a great value! We rented two new seadoo's they were supercharged! We rode with a few friends from sanibel to marco island and back on one tank of gas. Charles was great, he included a tube, wakeboard and digital waterproof camera. I got several video clips of dolhpin playing and a photo of my husband feeding water to a manatee. It was only $300 for a full day on the water. The ski's had pelenty of storage too. The tube fit in the front of one of the ski's storage container in addition to towels and the anchor. I highly recommend them.

-Sue

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

Worst experience ever with this company. Avoid! I think that the positive reviews above are from them...it's the ONLY review that person has ever done. What a co-ink-key-dink.

Rentaseadoo.com just plain sucks. This guy nearly ruined our last day of our family vacation and I'd be quick to warn readers to STAY AWAY from this outfit. This guy advertises that he is the 'only half-day and full-day' rental service that 'comes to you'...but this proves to be a big lie. Several other companies offer the same service and I'd strongly encourage you to find one of them instead. When we called to reserve a SeaDoo for the day for us and the kids to play on, we were told that they were all booked for that day, but could accommodate us for the next day (which would be our last full day). We were fine with that. The guy we spoke to was 'too busy putting customers in the water' and said he would have to call us back to reserve our seadoo, but assured us that he wouldn't book one without talking to us first. This sounded reasonable, but a couple hours later we had not heard back and we called again. We got the same message - he assured us that all was well, not to worry and he would call back.

Throughout the day, we called rentaseadoo.com several times and got a different excuse, but the same message each time. He was terribly busy, but totally had us on his mind and would call soon.

Well...the first clue of trouble came after 5 pm. This shady character from rentaseadoo.com calls us and asks if we would be willing to pay him in cash. He'll even waive any deposit - he just wants us to pay him in cash. We're self-employed, so we know what this usually means. Someone is ducking the IRS or pocketing cash to hide income. This is a little off-putting, but we didn't know the story and agreed that this was fine. He mentions being super busy still and he'll call us back again. When he FINALLY calls us back, it's to tell us he's fully booked and can't help us.

Um...what? At this time (evening) all other options are closed for the night so we can't go elsewhere and this guy has just totally screwed us. He invented some half-cocked, non-sense story about a machine breaking down and he COULD give his last (and only) seadoo to us, but then if we 'broke down' he couldn't rescue us (he was unconcerned about all the other renters he supposedly couldn't rescue...). He repeatedly said he had not promised us anything and that all the other bookings were made before us (yea, right!) The next morning when we DID call the other companies, we got an education. It was explained to us that rentaseadoo.com had a reputation for pulling this kind of shady business and leaving vacationers in a lurch. Hopefully some tourists will see this review and think twice!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

I also must chime in on just a horrible experience me and a friend had. We rented jet skis in downtown Naples @ Tin City. The waterways surrounding the rental firm is a no wake zone. You can't give the jet ski any gas for about twenty minutes until you get out of the 'no wake zone', same goes for on the way in. At the time we rented them there were cops lurking in boats just waiting to bust unsuspecting tourists who were unfamiliar with all the local laws. Sure enough my buddy got pulled over and got an expensive ticket. My buddy mentioned to the officer that he was from out of town and was not familiar with the local water ways and the laws. The officer empathized with us even suggesting that it wasn't a great place to rent jet skis due to the vast no wake zone. Of course my buddy still got the ticket. It's just not worth it to rent a jet ski from that area unless you plan on idling for about 40 minutes.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

You can rent from Marco Island Watersports (on Marco Island obviously) about 30 minutes south of Naples. They do guided and free run waverunner rentals. I have done the guided tour and loved it. Dolphins are so plentiful down there. No problem with the no-wake zone. Definitely an issue in the back water of Naples Bay. Good Luck! Buy a waterproof disposable camera.

9. Re: 1/2 day jet ski rental

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 09, 2014