We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Car Rental

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Long Term Car Rental

Will be in Naples for two months (jan/feb) and will need to rent a car. Any ideas on a good deal other than the usual (i.e. priceline).

Thanks.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
314 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Term Car Rental

One tip is to rent from an off-airport location. You will avoid a lot of the extra fees added on for airport rentals.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Term Car Rental

You might check out this place: Rent-A-Wreck (239) 354-4400

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Car Rental

Thanks - off airport prices aren't much cheaper and rent-a-wreck doesn't have locations in ft. myers or naples.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Car Rental

Someone in a different post mentioned Sensible Car Rental. Here is the link to their post. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34616-i231-k39985…

Hope it helps.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Term Car Rental

I emailed them and will keep my fingers crossed that they are reasonable. Thanks so much for the post!!!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Term Car Rental

My parents have had luck with pricing if they do not rent for two straight months. Rather, they break the rental up into smaller rental terms. It does require them to return to the airport or rental location a couple times during their stay to redo the paperwork but the money they save in their opinion makes it worth the hassle.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Term Car Rental

Yes, we did that last year when we stayed one month. We broke it up in half and it seemed to help a little, but it's a real pain to go to the airport where the car rental service is usually pretty bad -- long lines!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Term Car Rental

Sounds odd having to split up the length of the rental. You'd think the longer you rented the better it would be, both for the renter and the company. They wouldn't have the hassle of the paperwork and would have a car rented out for a long time.

This is just my observations you understand! lol

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
237 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long Term Car Rental

I completely agree! The reason that i split it up was because I used Priceline and named my own price. Since you can't cancel once you reserve, I felt it would be safer to rent in 2 week increments, just in case. I would hate to be out the money for a monthly rental. Two weeks didn't seen as painful. Also with Priceline, I think that the closer you get to your rental date, the cheaper the car. So the day before we returned the rental, I booked the next two weeks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Long Term Car Rental

That makes sense. I thought the company wouldn't let you take out a long term rental.

Edited: 4:46 pm, October 26, 2010