We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless/nude sunbathing

Cranston, RI
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
topless/nude sunbathing

Is there any discreet areas in Naples, Bonita Beach area where people can beach it and sunbathe topless and/or nude?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

"Florida State Park beaches are open to the public and accessed through public beach accesses and Florida Law does not permit nude sunbathing in public areas". That is from he Florida Online Park Guide. All beaches that the average tourist would access is public so you would not be able sunbathe nude. That being said, I have seen some people go topless very south of the beach past 33rd Street. Parking is limited though.

I've heard that some people go to Lover's Key State Park in Lee County to sunbathe nude because there are some secluded areas. I know some people who take their boats to small areas around there as well to nude sunbathe.

Hope this helps!

Cranston, RI
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

Thx Mama

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

Mama is correct bout Lover's Key but in secluded areas only of the beach & at this time of year ya won't have too much problem. It costs $5 bucks to enter the park & sometimes ya have to be on the lookout for a ranger, most of the time they are some where else looken!

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

I went to Lovers Key pre hurricane Charlie, and at that time there were secuded little coves, I have been there last summer after Charlie and all the trees are gone, it is all open and not at all private. With all the kids, do not go topless there. Mama's suggestion of going far south of Naples Pier like 33rd street, then walking some away from people might be a better idea as I have seen Europeans topless in that secluded part. ( you cannot go nude but thongs are legal) People may walk by but won't give it a second glance. If anyone asks you to cover your top, you must comply, ( just say in a foriegn accent you did not know) (it also helps if the husband wears his speedo) Failure to cover is then disturbing the peace which is illegal.

Way out on a boat is all fine, cover when another boat approaches.

naples
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

by boat there are plenty of accessable private beaches.

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

We actually do have a nude beach here. It's just south of lovers key. The little island on the south side of New Pass (lovers key south pass)has one. You can only get there by boat or jet ski. The Hyatt has the North side of this little island, which has a gazzebo and little landing dock but the south end is the nude beach. The two ends are divided by some thick mangroves. Every weekend you will find many nude sun bathers.

Hope this helps!

MenuGuy

7. Re: topless/nude sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 02, 2009