We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting my Naples Geography straight...

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting my Naples Geography straight...

Hello Naples experts...I'd like to take my parents for a week in March of 08 to stay at one of the nicer condo rentals on Gulfshore. I have discovered that most require a month stay. However, the Westshore allows a week stay (very hefty price). Internet photos make it appear nice, but not exactly "on the water" you have to walk a boardwalk which appears to be about a quarter of a mile at least to reach the shore. Does anyone know of a condo complex on the beach which will allow renters one week only? It appears they are few and far between - and the buildings that are literally "on the shore" don't want anything less than a month stay. We don't want a hotel. Any suggestions? Any reviews of Westshore or the Club at Naples Cay? (Next to each other).

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

March is a very busy time of year here, there are may people visiting from all over , there are snowbirds who are here at there 2nd home and even kids on spring break (visiting grandma). As a result there is a very high demand. Many condo's have rules that only allow monthly rentals (to keep turn over low) I do not know much of West shore condo. Have you considered a beach front hotel or resort?

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

Yes, I have considered a beachfront resort, but when you factor the price of two rooms, usually well over $250 per night, for seven nights, it actually makes sense to pay $3000 a week for one condo. My concern, without seeing the location of this Westshore property - and basically buying "sight unseen" - is how accessible it is to main roads like US 41 etc.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

While I have not been in either condo, Naples Cay's location is great. If you go to www.naplescay.com, you can do a rental search for the dates you desire. Unfortunately, I can't tell from the photos which property is closest to the beach. I would suggest calling the rental office number and ask them to identify the buildings as pictured on their website.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

I'm staying at the Best Western Inn & Suites as I write, I know you said you didn't want a hotel but it's great here, and while not on the shore it is really lovely, the suites are wonderful, check out the reviews, we have just come in from the beach, it is easy to park at public meters in about 40 locations along the beach and just walk through. It's about a 5 minute drive to the beach.

It's pretty reasonable pricewise too, breakfast included.

Lots of places to eat and shop nearby and of course you can stay for as long or as short a stay as you want.

It's so good I'm coming back in February.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

Have you had a look at the Edgewater its great just spent two weeks there they have two bedroomed suites right on the beach, the staff are lovely, the location the best we have stayed at yet great for loads of places to eat, shop and visit, the trolley stops outside so you can do the tour gives you loads of tips of places to go to, there is a Mall about 5 mins by car all the usual shops, plus a Cheesecake Factory, Kona Grill which were both excellent, Carrabbas is just up the road try the Happy Hour at both get a cab well worth it. Must say the word is spreading over the pond as all of us who visited this year are going back... good luck finding somewhere ..laura

Naples, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

I'll keep my eyes peeled. I live in the OTHER side of Naples -- far far almost into the Everglades, 10 miles south of that new Catholic University/Town, Ave Maria University (which has been getting some press lately but from visiting it doesn't seem cultish at all).

I don't "get out" much - you probably see more of Naples (proper) than I usually do - where I live there are woods everywhere, roaming black bears (harmless though), turkeys running free, deer bouncing and the like.

If I hear of anything, I'll let you know on this forum.

[I run a website http://free.naplesplus.us which grabs messages from the Naples section of TripAdvisor - that's how I saw your message :) )

if I hear of anything, I'll let you know!

7. Re: Getting my Naples Geography straight...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 09, 2009