We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 month old baby and eating out in the evening

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
6 month old baby and eating out in the evening

Hello, we are travelling to Naples from the UK for a ten day stay - we are staying at the inn on fifth with our little one who is 6 months old.

Just curious, how baby friendly are restaurants in Naples?! In Europe it's not unusual on holiday for babies to be out and about in the evening - our baby is asleep from 7pm so will always be sleeping in his buggy with the hood down while we go out for dinner, but are we going to get funny looks doing this? Or is there a pretty relaxed holiday vibe in restaurants?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,856 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 month old baby and eating out in the evening

Your biggest problem may be baby jet lag.

I found mine went to bed much earlier, and woke up at 3am (even when at home they slept thru the night) as they thought it should be morning.

You may find it easier to eat out at lunch, and in at night. Generally with babies condos/apartments are easier than hotels.

Anyway, dont think you will get funny looks. People take babies out to dinner int he us as well.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 month old baby and eating out in the evening

Ha yes I am probably being over optimistic with the sleeping times and jet lag! Good points - Thanks for your reply :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 month old baby and eating out in the evening

Maybe late too the party but I always found Naples very kid friendly when travelling from UK.

Very good point about baby jet lag; we carried snacks and let baby eat & sleep when baby wanted for a few days.

Remember you also have that coming back the other way.

Have fun

Reply to: 6 month old baby and eating out in the evening
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naples