We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Situation in Naples

Finland
Level Contributor
62 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Situation in Naples

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask what is the situation in Naples, FL? I just got a cancellation from my hotel, which was in downtown. Are there areas (i.e. North) where the disaster did not hit so bad and hotels are operating? It is kind of hard to know as some of the hotels don't have any info on their web sites. And anyways is it still ok to travel to Naples? I would assume that coming there in the end of December would be fine. Beaches and restaurants operating?

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
2 replies to this topic
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
850 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Situation in Naples

Wait, you got a cancellation for the end of December or you're gonna reschedule for the end of December? I know the Inn on 5th is open as I had a guest stay there the last two nights and that is downtown. In fact my guest couldn't get into most hotels as they were all booked. It is "okay to travel to Naples". Everything is operating.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
298 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Situation in Naples

There are more things opening every day. Many hotels and restaurants are open. The Ritz Carlton reopened last week. If there is a place you are interested in booking, call directly. Debris is being cleaned up every day . I have company visiting this weekend and at the end of the month. If I did not think they should visit, I would have had them reschedule. Everything is moving forward and we are still in recovery mode, but Naples is open for business. We have definitely seen an uptick in visitors over the past week. The beaches are open.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Reply to: Situation in Naples
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted