We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LaPlaya, Naples or JW Marriott, Marco Island - Spring Break

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LaPlaya, Naples or JW Marriott, Marco Island - Spring Break

I am planning a vacation with my 23 yr old daughter from March 26 - April 1. I have stayed at LaPlaya in Naples before and loved it. Last year, I stayed at a beach-front condo on Marco Island. The JW Marriott looked beautiful, however it is a big resort and has new construction going on. I know LaPlaya will also be crowded during the last week of March-Spring Break week-Easter weekend. If you are familiar with both of these resorts, which one do you suggest staying at during this busy week? We enjoy the beach, pool, shopping, and going out to dinner.

Btw ... my daughter and I are teachers so we're not flexible with this week and we're only considering LaPlaya or JW Marriott.

1 reply
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LaPlaya, Naples or JW Marriott, Marco Island - Spring Break

Since you mention shopping and dining, the La Playa and its location in Naples cannot be beat. I have stayed there twice (once for a girls trip, once with husband) and have read that the resort is undergoing renovations and should be completed by your stay. Needless do say that both hotels will be full during spring break but JWM caters more towards the family crowd (sprawling pools, lazy river, water slide) where as La Playa has more of a boutique-y feel. Either way, you can't go wrong and how wonderful to have a week with your daughter! FYI, I have not stayed at JW Marriott (we had a trip scheduled there and ended up having to cancel) but researched it extensively for a family trip with our 10 year old.

Reply to: LaPlaya, Naples or JW Marriott, Marco Island - Spring Break
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naples