We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Naples area

Long Island
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Naples area

Any recommendation on beaches in the area? I read Naples Beach is beautiful, but what about parking? Which beach best for beach walking? Do they get crowded? We will be there beginning of March.

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Naples area

I don't have any answer to your question, but will also be visiting in March, and wondering where are the public beaches if you are not staying directly on the water? I'm renting a home, and have to drive to the beach, and have no idea what Naples has to offer to tourists who are not renting a condo directly on the beach or staying in a hotel where you can walk out to the ocean. Can locals help?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Naples area

My favorite beach is Vanderbilt Beach but all the beaches are beautiful in Naples. Vanderbilt Beach has a new multilevel parking garage. Non residents pay upon entering. I'm not sure how much as I have a resident permit. Probaby 4-5 dollars.

The pier is nice but parking can be a pain during season as it is a very popular area. You can find parking easier by going a few blocks north or south of the pier but then it will be a hike to the restrooms. They have concessions on the pier.

Lowdermilk is another beach which is in the Naples beach area but the lot fills up early. You need quarters for the meter if you're a non resident. There is a concession and restrooms there.

All the beaches are equal with regard to walking. The beaches crowd mostly near the entrances. A little walk to the left or right and you'll have plenty of sand to yourself.

Enjoy your stay!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Naples area

Collect.

Not to worry. All the beaches are public so no problems getting on them. Just keep a lot of quarters handy.

Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Naples area

BTW collect. do you need directions?

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Naples area

I've seen tourists with temporary permits for parking I think they are like $10 for the week. Not really sure where to get them (never had the need) lets you park anywhere residents can and nto feed the meters. try to google Collier county parks and recreation or Naples beach permits?

Monmouth Beach, New...
Level Contributor
485 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Naples area

Vanderbilt Bach answers all your questions..Park in

the new garage for $5 for the day. (you can leave and

come back during the day)

Long Island
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Naples area

todday - thanks for the advice - I checked out City of Naples website, and yes, you can get a beach permit for seven consecutive days for $10. They also listed several locations where it can be purchased.

My question, though (I couldn't find the answer on the website) - Does City of Naples beaches include Delnor Wiggins and Vanderbilt beaches?

And thanks also to Stan for the tip about parking at Vanderbilt for $5/day. Depending on the weather, and our schedule, that is a good possibility also.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in Naples area

Hi Sunny,

First you should know that you cannot park at a NON metered space you will get a ticket. The temporary pass is for metered spaces only. Next, Delanor is a state park so everyone pays including residents. It's 4.00. I cannot speak for Vanderbilt Beach but I would guess you can park with the pass.

Enjoy!

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in Naples area

Not so sure about that--- I've seen plenty of cars with passes park in the non-metered spaces. maybe they get tickets but a lot park there. I would check when you by one.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches in Naples area

Todday,

Yes, people with temporary passes may park in non metered spaces but they are not suppose to.

Here is the link form the Naples Government website.

naplesgov.com/finance/beach_parking_permits.…

Get answers to your questions about Naples