We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft Fair Questions

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
44 posts
150 reviews
Craft Fair Questions

Planning to make the trip to the Mount Dora craft fair later this month, and have numerous questions. I have looked at the website but it really seems more for exhibitors than visitors. I was hoping a Mount Dora insider could help!

1) What time does it open (can't find that little tidbit of info anywhere!) Is it best to arrive early?

2) Will it be a total mob?

3) Are any parking areas better than others?

4) I'm a start-at-the-beginning-and-work-your-way-through kind of girl. Where is the "beginning"?

5) Is it possible to see the entire thing in one day?

6) Is it a lot of walking or is the area compact?

7) Are most vendors cash-only?

8) Will there be vendors selling food, or would it be better to pick a place to have lunch?

9) Will local shops stay open during the fair?

10) Any suggestions on what kind of weather to expect?

Maybe I'm a little obsessive but we've never been and it pays to be informed! Thanks very much : )

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Craft Fair Questions

Craft Fair Questions

yesterday, 22:12

Planning to make the trip to the Mount Dora craft fair later this month, and have numerous questions. I have looked at the website but it really seems more for exhibitors than visitors. I was hoping a Mount Dora insider could help!

1) What time does it open (can't find that little tidbit of info anywhere!) Is it best to arrive early?

The site actuallys posts the times for both days at 9am to 5pm. Early is BEST!! Crowds arrive around 11am both days.

2) Will it be a total mob?

The photos on the website tell the tale quite accurately. Some sections will be more crowded than others and it is best to come early to avoid the BIG crowds. End of day is also lighter than mid day.

3) Are any parking areas better than others?

Best advice is to park at Mount Dora High School or Christian Home & Bible School and take the shuttle for $5 round trip. The chance of finding free parking near the event is nearly impossible unless you arrive before 9am. The site has links to maps for GPS coordinates and information on the shuttles.

4) I'm a start-at-the-beginning-and-work-your-way-through kind of girl. Where is the "beginning"?

There is no beggining as such because the show is circular in nature with a couple of cross streets in the middle. Pick an opening and follow the street. You may pick up a map and information at the information booth at 5th Ave. and Donnelly St.

5) Is it possible to see the entire thing in one day?

Yes it is possible. There are over 400 exhibitors so plan accordingly.

6) Is it a lot of walking or is the area compact?

4 blocks north and south and three blocks east and west.

7) Are most vendors cash-only?

Most accept credit cards but there are plenty of ATM machines throughout the show.

8) Will there be vendors selling food, or would it be better to pick a place to have lunch?

There is a food court on Baker St. in front of City Hall and food vendors on the corners throughout the show.

9) Will local shops stay open during the fair?

ALL retail shops will be open. This is one of their biggest retail weekends all year.

10) Any suggestions on what kind of weather to expect?

The Craft Fair has been blessed over the past five years with miraculous weather so hopefully that trend will continue. Temeratures are usually mid 80's.

Maybe I'm a little obsessive but we've never been and it pays to be informed! Thanks very much : )

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
44 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: Craft Fair Questions

Oh my - thank you so much for the quick response and such thorough answers!

3. Re: Craft Fair Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 04, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Mount Dora
Recent Conversations